Ok, I went and did it. .450 upper on the way

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Ok, I went and did it. .450 upper on the way

Postby kottke_35 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:36 pm

I figured you may something like that! Congrats on the rifle.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Shootist » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:03 am

You will be thrilled. My annual Christmas-New Years week at the family farm in East Texas rolled around and I was finally able to shoot the beast. I had purchased a Bushnell ACOG type knock off for it but without any magnification I coundn't really test any long range accuracy. It'll make a great hog sight for close range hunting but I'll be getting a 4X compact scope for it soon. Recoil wasn't bad. I agree with the 20 gauge comparison. I bought a Magpul MOE stock to use with the gun and bought the little 3/4" rubber pad that goes with it. My 17 year old daughter shot it several times off-hand and loved it. When that booger goes off you know you're packing power. Definately brings out a big smile!
Shootist

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:52 pm

thatguy wrote:You can find the Sig mags online or at some shops (I think Academy carrier them) - they are pretty cheap compared to other 450b mags, something like $30 for two..

The Sig 556 mags are just that - "Sig 556" mags made by Sig Sauer (the sig 556 is their AR type gun) It looks like they may be offering them in a polymer material these days, Im not sure how they work - I know the metal ones worked without the single stack follower..

Brian

Here is a video where we were using the Sig Mags in the 450 Bushmaster.
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTZMWgzx ... ata_player
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby firehawk » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:16 pm

Received the 2 Sig 556 mags from CDNN on Friday. Took the rifle out and ran 25 rounds thru it out of these mags. Both fed flawlessly loaded with 10 rounds. I was a little concerned about the last round in them though as it was not centered in the mag because of the follower. As I said though, both fed perfect.

Managed to shoot a 3" group of 10 rounds at 50 yards off the same crappy picnic table. :roll: More than good enough for deer, but I'll keep at it this summer to tighten the groups up.
firehawk

Postby leatherman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:46 am

thatguy wrote:congrats.. You will love it..

As far as mags go.. You can use the 30 rd Sig 556 magazines without having to modify them at all.. If you want to use Pmags they need to be modified..

Just beware - if you leave any of the mags loaded the spring pressure will cause the feed lips to expand slightly.. On pmags you can live them loaded but just put the caps back on.. The other you may have to unload them.. Im guessing the original Bushie magies are stainless steel so this is not an issue..

BUT with the original Bushy mag - you could replace the spring so it holds more than 5 rds..

if you want to sell the take off free float hand guard, I would be interesting in it if the price is good..

brian

I've got two of the sig mags as well. They work perfectly. I also bought a blue follower from BM and put it in a GI 30rnd clip.
If you are still looking for a free floater, PM me. I've got one.
leatherman

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles