Trident Armory

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Trident Armory

Postby tridentarmory » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:39 am

btw... the bushy we measured was a 16" with izzy
tridentarmory

Postby wildcatter » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:22 am

tridentarmory wrote:we gave the porting some specefic numbers.... but i forget the exacts.... we measured muzzle climb while shooting our gun vs my ol bushy.. we put both of them in a cradle. with the butt end of the stock against a wall. we placed a measuring device beside the muzzle and videoed the shooting of the same round with both firearms.
Our muzzle break and porting system cut out something like 85% of the climb... i cant remember exact.

then we customized an old grip test gadget i had( remember the 1980's?) into a system that would measure impact energy and hold the gauge where it maxed out, and could be rezeroed at any time..... we cut something like 35% of recoil as well....

this system is exceptional. Of all the things we do around here, our barrels and the testing of why we drill where we do is science, not accident.

James,

Do your self a favor and get a hold of Gun nut (a.k.a. the Gunny as I have wont to call him), the sled method of measuring your results are quite subjective and often give false positives. The Gunny on the other hand is using top notch scientific equipment and can either, actually vindicate your results or steer you into a better direction..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Wicked Hunter » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:53 pm

Does Trident sell just the upper for the 450? If so what's the price? I visited your site but all i saw was complete rifles. Next question. will your +p rifle still shoot standard 450 ammo?
Wicked Hunter

Postby tridentarmory » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:55 am

[quote=

James,

Do your self a favor and get a hold of Gun nut (a.k.a. the Gunny as I have wont to call him), the sled method of measuring your results are quite subjective and often give false positives. The Gunny on the other hand is using top notch scientific equipment and can either, actually vindicate your results or steer you into a better direction..

..t[/quote]

thanks buddy, ill do that. We spent so much in development, that we have had a hard time coming up with a number that we can verify consistantly.. we know theres a major difference, you can see/feel it. but the issue remains, how to get ahold of the scientific equipment to do the job. ill chat w him.
tridentarmory

Postby mnhornet » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:01 am

I would think a couple strategically placed accelerometers would be all you need. Like a crash test dummy, only different.
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
mnhornet

Postby tridentarmory » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:20 pm

usually im the crash test dummy, only different..
tridentarmory

Postby tridentarmory » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:26 pm

WICKED HUNTER>>>

thank you for your purchase....

boys, Wicked Hunter just bought himself a "fo-fiddy" upper...
tridentarmory

Postby tridentarmory » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:31 am

thought id post a couple pics of some porting and fluting that my guy did up for me a month ago....i know these pics are everywhere, but aside from the fact that your going to pay for custom work to get custom work, this is just the beginning of what he can do.... he runs a lathe like its a crayon... looks simple when he's doing it, in fact, i bet he could flute my backpacking bible to lighten it up a bit.(i know it carries a lot of weight, but gosh, sometimes it carries a lot of weight.... know what i mean?)
Doing a photoshoot all day today, so there will be some new pics coming up
tridentarmory

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles