Trident Armory

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Trident Armory

Postby wildcatter » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 pm

BillytheKid wrote:So, the rifle length reporting you might be offering soon will allow us to shoot their +P ammo?

Yes and we had a meeting on that introduction, today..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby BillytheKid » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:16 pm

wildcatter wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:So, the rifle length reporting you might be offering soon will allow us to shoot their +P ammo?

..t

That just makes me all warm and happy. Certainly what we already have is more than enough, but I want more than more than enough . . . Just 'cause.
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Hoot » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:14 am

wildcatter wrote: Yes and we had a meeting on that introduction, today..
..t

Translation: When you're partnering up for team poker; WC holds his cards close to his vest.

;) Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 pm

BillytheKid wrote:
wildcatter wrote:

..t

That just makes me all warm and happy. Certainly what we already have is more than enough, but I want more than more than enough . . . Just 'cause.

Shore-Nuff, Bill..

Only us, would think that performance ahead of a 45-70, in a battle hardened semi-auto, couldn't be enough..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby tridentarmory » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:47 pm

My name is James Collins, owner of trident armory in bangor Maine.... Nice to meet all of you.
Ill be fielding questions as they come.

We ty to not discuss the origin of the wssm upper simply because for OUR clients, and im not saying that this is true, but SOME of our clients dont want product associated with that company. Because of their copyright and patent protection of their products, such as the bolt and upper, we did decide to simply customize it into something warranting our logo.

they shoot pretty well btw.
as far as our 450B, well thats what we built our business on ... barrels are all made here in shop... bolts are multi step heat treated and hardened....etc...
tridentarmory

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:35 pm

And so, there you have it guys! Welcome to our electronic campfire, Sir! It is great to have you on board!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:16 am

WRT Olympic Arms, a sad but true tenet comes to mind. "A bad reputation is much easier to prevent than to correct." Aside from their litigation minded chamber in the 300 OSSM, the quality of the rest of the upper was as good, if not better than my 450B. Actually, the charging handle could have been made a touch heavier duty, but that's it. The rest, especially the BCA seemed well made.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby gunnut » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:08 pm

9x19MdM wrote:http://tridentarmory.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=6

[ http://tridentarmory.net/images/BigBoar.jpg ]

I like this! Take a look at the pic at the bottom of this link. Thats a ported barrel!
I would love to test the muzzle climb with that porting compared to the Izzy.
gunnut

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:47 am

gunnut wrote:
9x19MdM wrote:http://tridentarmory.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=6

[ http://tridentarmory.net/images/BigBoar.jpg ]

I like this! Take a look at the pic at the bottom of this link. Thats a ported barrel!
I would love to test the muzzle climb with that porting compared to the Izzy.

I knew that sooner or later, Gunny would show up and start drooling...
"Just one more hit, please, Mr. Trident the candy man? Just a little shot to make the shakes go away?"
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby tridentarmory » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:38 am

we gave the porting some specefic numbers.... but i forget the exacts.... we measured muzzle climb while shooting our gun vs my ol bushy.. we put both of them in a cradle. with the butt end of the stock against a wall. we placed a measuring device beside the muzzle and videoed the shooting of the same round with both firearms.
Our muzzle break and porting system cut out something like 85% of the climb... i cant remember exact.

then we customized an old grip test gadget i had( remember the 1980's?) into a system that would measure impact energy and hold the gauge where it maxed out, and could be rezeroed at any time..... we cut something like 35% of recoil as well....

this system is exceptional. Of all the things we do around here, our barrels and the testing of why we drill where we do is science, not accident.
tridentarmory

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles