Another buffer question

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Another buffer question

Postby 2zero6 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:43 pm

wackoo450 wrote:Let me know how the LR308 AP$ works on the 450b.

Will do for sure. Thanks again for the info!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby wrangler » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:45 pm

Okay....read most all of the topics on the 450 Bushmaster. Wow I thought, what a thumper! Got to have one since all of my 223 / 5.56 are boring. I also built myself a 300 Blackout and a 6.5 Grendel. Got the 450 built and headed to the range. My barrel and bolt carrier group are from Midway USA.....aka AR Stoner. I am no rookie to building AR's. Been building them since 1994 for use in NRA / CMP competition. So here I am wondering did I miss something on building this Thumper? I have worked up loads using Hornady manual all the way to max with LiL Gun. Rifle short strokes with no hint of ejecting the fired round. In fact, it will chamber a spent case. Pulling the charging handle smartly to the rear, the spent case will turn around and not clear the ejection port! Okay, gas problem. Gas port not large enough? Yes the carrier key is staked. Are you 450 guys using modified upper receivers with oversize ejector ports? I am missing something here so I ask those of you who are experienced with the 450 to give me some insight. Thanks.
wrangler

Postby Kage77 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:41 pm

@wrangler ..The 450 upper build kit I just received last week came with a upper receiver made by Areo Precision marked ".458". It is actually a .458 SOCOM upper but works for 450 Bushmaster as well.. It does have a larger ejection port and the larger port is required for those rounds.
Kage77

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles