Hand Guard Accessories

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Hand Guard Accessories

Postby BillytheKid » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:16 am

I wanted iron sights as a back up, and i'm now taking a hard look at the set up showing in the rifle photo, second from the top:

http://www.advantagetactical.com/updates.htm

Anyone have any experience with that product?

Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Re: Hand Guard Accessories

Postby 2zero6 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:32 am

I would actually prefer folding Iron night sights and a 1 o'clock rail mount with a small Doctor red dot or something along those lines. Even without the 1 o'clock rail mount using one of those rails that mount to the scope tube kinda like when they mount the Doctor on top of the Acog. To each their own though, I was actually looking at the same sights you posted for my glock and HD Mossberg. They are pretty nice, although I only got to handle it for a few minutes in the gun shop on another guy's rig.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby BillytheKid » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:03 am

2zero6 wrote:I would actually prefer folding Iron night sights and a 1 o'clock rail mount with a small Doctor red dot or something along those lines. Even without the 1 o'clock rail mount using one of those rails that mount to the scope tube kinda like when they mount the Doctor on top of the Acog. To each their own though, I was actually looking at the same sights you posted for my glock and HD Mossberg. They are pretty nice, although I only got to handle it for a few minutes in the gun shop on another guy's rig.

I am also looking at red dot types, perhaps to place on the Burris mount, over the Zeiss. But, I still want some kind of iron sight as a fail-safe back up. I like the stock hand guard, and I dont think fold down sights will work on that?
BillytheKid

Postby 2zero6 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:52 am

Just swap out the fake gas block (since you have a 20" so there will be a real gas block under the hand guard it will be the forward one closest to the muzzle) and put a railed one on that or just use a "F" stamped G.I. front sight/gas block. The gas block was really easy to change.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby BillytheKid » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:32 am

2zero6 wrote:Just swap out the fake gas block (since you have a 20" so there will be a real gas block under the hand guard it will be the forward one closest to the muzzle) and put a railed one on that or just use a "F" stamped G.I. front sight/gas block. The gas block was really easy to change.

I have considered that, and may go that way. But, the Advantage sight looked intriguing, and I wondered if anyone has had a chance to handle one, and what impression they had of it?

Bill
BillytheKid

Postby Cely1932 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:34 pm

I had that set-up on my glock 17 that I used in combat league. They work fairly well once you get the combination of colors that works with your eyes. I actually had the best luck with them in low-light situations because its easy to make a perfect pyrmid sillouette with them. I have ultimately returned to my old standby 1911 with a big-dot front and custom modified 10-8 rear.
Cely1932

Postby BillytheKid » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Cely1932 wrote:I had that set-up on my glock 17 that I used in combat league. They work fairly well once you get the combination of colors that works with your eyes. I actually had the best luck with them in low-light situations because its easy to make a perfect pyrmid sillouette with them. I have ultimately returned to my old standby 1911 with a big-dot front and custom modified 10-8 rear.

Excellent feedback!

Thank you!

Anyone else? The more input the better!

Bill
BillytheKid

Return to AR15 Style Rifles