AR Homedone Trigger Job...

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: AR Homedone Trigger Job...

Postby MrRowdy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:41 pm

mnhornet wrote:One of my dpms lowers needed to be tapped. Heading out shortly to give the carbine a go. Changed the FCGto the one that was in the .450 , and was a little less agressive on the adjustment. The disconnector had 100% lock-up so, I hope to avoid any embarassment.

Good luck!
MrRowdy

Postby mnhornet » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Thanks. The new set up ran without mishap. It isn't my best trigger, but I was still able to put it in the paint at 100yds with irons.
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
mnhornet

Postby 9x19MdM » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:30 am

Done!
Removed the trigger creep and the gritty trigger.
I bought the green polishing compound at Lowes and a pack of the small Dremel buffers when I bought the set screw. I lightly buffed the surface areas to a high gloss and reassembled.
9x19MdM

Postby MrRowdy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:52 am

mnhornet wrote:Thanks. The new set up ran without mishap. It isn't my best trigger, but I was still able to put it in the paint at 100yds with irons.

Yeah, it's not going to compete with a $250 Giselle or Jewell but for almost free it's damn good.

A note from my shooting yesterday. I was shooting and had a round fail to pop, I rechambered and fired on it again and nothing happened. I looked at the primer and it was hit pretty hard but I decided to increase the hammer spring tension a bit and had no other issues.

I did pull the bullet and poured the powder out and tried to burn it and it wouldn't light. I was somewhat shocked. No primer pop and non burning powder in a factory PMC round, kind of odd.
MrRowdy

Postby tridentarmory » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:04 am

MrRowdy wrote:........... will put it up against any single stage aftermarket trigger. ;)

Seriously???????

If you feel that this is actually possible, and have had the results you describe... id love to purchase a trigger off you so i can check it out for myself... or just rent one. I just simply dont believe it.
we have about 15,000 bucks in our trigger, and its simply a quality single and or double stage match trigger, that i spent hours working on, then sent out to have blueprinted,and now M.I.M.ed. then chromed for hardness.

im very interested in seeing these results. Can you make a youtube video of it, showing creep?
tridentarmory

Postby Hoot » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:56 pm

You know those Smilies we have on the right side of the compose window? We could really use one that instead, gets inserted at the beginning of what we're saying and it looks like this: IMHO

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby MrRowdy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:47 am

tridentarmory wrote:
MrRowdy wrote:........... will put it up against any single stage aftermarket trigger. ;)

Seriously???????

If you feel that this is actually possible, and have had the results you describe... id love to purchase a trigger off you so i can check it out for myself... or just rent one. I just simply dont believe it.
we have about 15,000 bucks in our trigger, and its simply a quality single and or double stage match trigger, that i spent hours working on, then sent out to have blueprinted,and now M.I.M.ed. then chromed for hardness.

im very interested in seeing these results. Can you make a youtube video of it, showing creep?

My wink was meant to show a bit of sarcasm. See the first sentence in my post above. :D If I sent you my trigger it would be nothing but a standard mil spec assembly that's been shined up with some modified springs. Doing a youtube video is not a terrible idea and I will consider doing it next time I go about performing one of these "Poor Mans" trigger jobs. Please understand, my purpose for sharing was to help those who don't like their factory mil-spec trigger group but don't want to spend or don't have the money to spend on an aftermarket set up.

If my claims seem inconceivable that's okay, but let me say this; for the money this is a best bang for your buck kind of program. It's simple, cheap, easy and yields very good results for the money and effort involved. It ain't going to give you the best trigger in the world but for most it'll give a guy a clean smooth trigger that they will be happy with. I mean, how can you beat free?
MrRowdy

Postby tridentarmory » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:36 pm

im sorry, please dont take that all the wrong way either.... and no i dont read between the lines to notice the smileys sometimes...

anyways, yes there is a lot one can do to help this issue, and what you are explaining is a lot better than stock...

i did one back in college, for a milspec match gun of mine, and by the time i was done, it would break great, but fire once when i pulled the trigger, and once when i let go. :o

that made me really sad ;)
tridentarmory

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:53 am

tridentarmory wrote:im sorry, please dont take that all the wrong way either.... and no i dont read between the lines to notice the smileys sometimes...

anyways, yes there is a lot one can do to help this issue, and what you are explaining is a lot better than stock...

i did one back in college, for a milspec match gun of mine, and by the time i was done, it would break great, but fire once when i pulled the trigger, and once when i let go. :o

I have polished up some of my triggers, but I am very reluctant to attempt to remove the creep just for that reason. I'm afraid I will end up with a rifle that might go happy on me.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby mnhornet » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:12 am

tridentarmory wrote:im sorry, please dont take that all the wrong way either.... and no i dont read between the lines to notice the smileys sometimes...

That's sort of what I was going through. A most excellent trigger, but it made my rifle do naughty things.
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
mnhornet

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles