Spare .450 bolt.... where to buy one

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Spare .450 bolt.... where to buy one

Postby firehawk » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:24 pm

Just curious as to where I can purchase a .450 bolt? Not needing the BCG, just the bolt itself. Actually don't need a bolt other than just to have one as a spare. I didn't see them listed on Bushmaster's website.
firehawk

Re: Spare .450 bolt.... where to buy one

Postby gunnut » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:29 am

Call Bushmaster. They will sell you one. I got one from them. Just in case. ;)
gunnut

Postby Colohunter » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:42 pm

What does Bushy charge?
Colohunter

Postby firehawk » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Colohunter wrote:What does Bushy charge?

I see on their website that a .223/5.56 bolt is $56. I was going to call them today but I am recovering from surgery and fell asleep this afternoon. :roll:
firehawk

Postby Hoot » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:01 pm

firehawk wrote:
Colohunter wrote:What does Bushy charge?

I see on their website that a .223/5.56 bolt is $56. I was going to call them today but I am recovering from surgery and fell asleep this afternoon. :roll:

What you give up in volume manufacturing of 5.56 bolts, you pay dearly for. Also, it seems like anytime manfacturers see you are interested in bigger caliber ARs, that seems to be justification for charging you considerably more for the privilege. Look at 308s. Everybody is jumping into the 308 fray at this year's shot show. Another revenue stream and a lucrative one at that, running 50-75% more than the 5.56. Then there's the even higher priced spread of the spin-off AR 7.62 calibers like the .243, 6.5 Creedmoor, 260, 7mm-08, 338 Federal (personal favorite and likely next year candidate), 300 SAUM (also appealing) and more no doubt being developed. So I suspect the 450b bolt will be 50-75% more as well. Bleeding edge technology always commands a premium price. Turns out, I'm looking for a second bolt for mine, for other reasons. Maybe someone with a dealer discount can do us a favor and consider sponsoring a group buy. I wouldn't count on it since no one in that situation rose to the request to sponsor a group buy of the nice bushy mags with the black single stack follower either. If I didn't mind the taller profile, I would get one of those AR Stoner knockoffs made by the same OEM as the bushy ones, but they chose not to offer the shorter ones like bushy sells. I did send Midway a request email to also get them to carry the shorter ones as well, but so far no dice. I'm guessing they don't see enough spray and pray tacticool as the high cap ones.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby tridentarmory » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:23 pm

ive usually got bolts.... 85 biggins for the basic. comes loaded, with all parts installed, and i check them to make sure the extractor is in the right place, unlike "some" companies!!!! :P :P :P :P
tridentarmory

Return to AR15 Style Rifles