450 LM "LeGendre Magnum"

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450 LM "LeGendre Magnum"

Postby Hoot » Thu May 17, 2012 4:19 am

If they're annealed, why can't you just fireform them from their native size in one step? Do you have to re-anneal at each swagging step?

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby gunnut » Thu May 17, 2012 7:17 am

1.going from .284 to .451 in one shot would split the case. They will not head space. Might fire, might not.
2.After 6 steps the brass is becoming a little harder at .445 for a good press fit for a.451 bullet. resize and fire, No crimp.
We'll see what they need after fire forming.
gunnut

Postby commander faschisto » Thu May 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Me want...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby bushmeister » Thu May 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks for the updates guys. Alot of us are keeping an eye on this one!
bushmeister

Postby wildcatter » Thu May 17, 2012 4:17 pm

Gunny, use liquid Lanolin. Dillion (my favorite) as others, Can it in a spray bottle. The lanolin works so well, you'll be able to go from 284 to .358 in one step. re-lube, then .358 to .450 in another step. Got the job done in two steps.. I just did it and Bingo!

Buy it like this and you can prolly get it in Atlanta, use a Q-Tip to swab the inside of the cartridge mouth. http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... LEBEPMCMAM

If you're going to go this route, here's a ditty from Father Frog about making your own spray (definitely). Keep in mind after apply the lube (alchol & lanolin mix), you'll have to wait a minute or two for the alcohol to evaporate, before your swage. I'd definitely, anneal after the last swage.

But, I did cut the process by four steps, good huh??

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby gunnut » Thu May 17, 2012 8:15 pm

wildcatter wrote:Gunny, use liquid Lanolin. Dillion (my favorite) as others, Can it in a spray bottle. The lanolin works so well, you'll be able to go from 284 to .358 in one step. re-lube, then .358 to .450 in another step. Got the job done in two steps.. I just did it and Bingo!

Buy it like this and you can prolly get it in Atlanta, use a Q-Tip to swab the inside of the cartridge mouth. http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... LEBEPMCMAM

If you're going to go this route, here's a ditty from Father Frog about making your own spray (definitely). Keep in mind after apply the lube (alchol & lanolin mix), you'll have to wait a minute or two for the alcohol to evaporate, before your swage. I'd definitely, anneal after the last swage.

..t

Definitely worth a try! Thanks for the tip!
gunnut

Postby Hoot » Thu May 17, 2012 9:56 pm

gunnut wrote:
wildcatter wrote:Gunny, use liquid Lanolin. Dillion (my favorite) as others, Can it in a spray bottle. The lanolin works so well, you'll be able to go from 284 to .358 in one step. re-lube, then .358 to .450 in another step. Got the job done in two steps.. I just did it and Bingo!

..t

Definitely worth a try! Thanks for the tip!

Great on the hands as well. ;) I'm a devoted Imperial Wax man myself. As an owner of an LAR-8, matching receiver vise and barrel nut wrench, I will be watching for your results with great interest as well like a Fool and his Money.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Thu May 17, 2012 11:53 pm

"a fool and his money"...I think I'm sitting on the bench under that sign too! ;)

Dittos for Imperial Wax, Hoot...amazing stuff, if you don't want to mix up your own brew.

Keep it comin' there, Gunny!!!
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby gunnut » Fri May 18, 2012 9:12 pm

here's 5 fire former brass. They get longer when you iron the wrinkles out. :o 2.08 - 2.09
You can see the bands where the shoulder and neck were. but, I can't feel or measure them. Image
gunnut

Postby gunnut » Fri May 18, 2012 9:15 pm

here's the primers. Image
gunnut

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles