450 LM "LeGendre Magnum"

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450 LM "LeGendre Magnum"

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Al in Mi wrote:Tim, Gunny, gonna be an interesting project for sure.

I need to readjust my burners and get that 50 project I showed you back up front. ;)

Shore-Nuff, that 50 of yours would be GREAT!!!

Lemme tell you guys, that "Al in Mi" is no stranger to bending steel, or anything else. Trust me, when he come online with his fifty, "you gona luv it"..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby wildcatter » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:40 am

In Gunny's first picture, some are thinking of the visiable bulge, at the case mouth. This is normal for a std 284, swagged out to 45 and represents a "Pre-Fire-Formed Case". After fire forming, the case will look as normal, looking real purdy..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:14 pm

I think it would be a meaningful endeavor to record some before and after dimensions to get a feel for what the brass length does over several reloading cycles. Though the .284 brass already has a track record of shrinking less than regular 450 factory brass, it might give us a feel for what to expect if this variant takes hold well enough for (hopefully) some manufacturer to decide to make native brass for it.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Geesh. The hogs are gonna get shot, killed, field dressed all at the same time.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Geesh. The hogs are gonna get shot, killed, field dressed all at the same time.

Last night, somewhere in the morass of youtube, I saw a guy dump 2 or 3 shots from a 450 Marlin revolver (yes revolver) into a charging medium size hog and it just ran on past him. In the same video he dumped a 35 yard standing broadside 450 Marlin shot right into a large hog's boiler room, just behind the shoulder and it ran off like it was hit with a cattle prod. Took him until the next day to track it down. I've read everyone going on about how hard they are to kill but seeing is believing.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby kottke_35 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Hoot wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Geesh. The hogs are gonna get shot, killed, field dressed all at the same time.

Last night, somewhere in the morass of youtube, I saw a guy dump 2 or 3 shots from a 450 Marlin revolver (yes revolver) into a charging medium size hog and it just ran on past him. In the same video he dumped a 35 yard standing broadside 450 Marlin shot right into a large hog's boiler room, just behind the shoulder and it ran off like it was hit with a cattle prod. Took him until the next day to track it down. I've read everyone going on about how hard they are to kill but seeing is believing.

Hoot

That happens to be Brian ”Pigman” Quaca that Hoot is referring to. Great guy!

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby gunnut » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Hoot wrote:I think it would be a meaningful endeavor to record some before and after dimensions to get a feel for what the brass length does over several reloading cycles. Though the .284 brass already has a track record of shrinking less than regular 450 factory brass, it might give us a feel for what to expect if this variant takes hold well enough for (hopefully) some manufacturer to decide to make native brass for it.

Hoot

That sounds like a great Idea! I'll be making them in batches of 100. but, using 20 at a time for load work. I'll engrave a number on them and keep a log book just for these. give me a list of dimensions you want to track before and after. We will find out just what happens to streight wall cases.
gunnut

Postby Indy Joe » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:37 am

Dang just when I thought I could sit back and enjoy my retirement. ........

Now I can see a part time job coming up.
Indy Joe

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:33 pm

WC is an evil, evil influence on those of us susceptible to his wiles... ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:30 pm

commander faschisto wrote:WC is an evil, evil influence on those of us susceptible to his wiles... ;)

Yeah..... My wallet is on the dresser just looking at me and shaking it's head...
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles