450 LM "LeGendre Magnum"

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450 LM "LeGendre Magnum"

Postby Hoot » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:22 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
commander faschisto wrote:WC is an evil, evil influence on those of us susceptible to his wiles... ;)

Yeah..... My wallet is on the dresser just looking at me and shaking it's head...

A barrel swap doesn't have to break the bank, assuming you have an AR10 platform to go with your AR15 one in your collection. Probably should include a bolt also since it's not going to wear the same as the one it came with. If you don't have an AR10 platform, you really should. Ask anyone who went to the SHOT show. A lot of manufacturers woke up and realized it exists as well. Lots of good R&D going on around it. Lots of calibers to choose from compared to a short while ago. I mean, you got two arms. Might as well load 'em both up with track marks. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby twstanley » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:55 am

Ok, so maybe I don't spend my allocated 'AR - BIG BORE' funds on the 450 Bushmaster upper and another AR-15 lower (my wife has discovered she loves shooting my AR-15 with the 300 AAC BLACKOUT upper), so I was going to need a new lower anyhow.

Maybe I will look towards Wildcatter and gunner to let me in on who did the barrel work and make an AR-10 instead. :D Always wanted one of those.

I've got the reloading experience to survive it, been loading for 20+ years, have dies, presses, chronograph, etc etc.
twstanley

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:03 am

Welcome to the campfire, tw....I see the madness is spreading! Pull up a stump, and let us know what's up... :P
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:47 pm

Hoot wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
commander faschisto wrote:WC is an evil, evil influence on those of us susceptible to his wiles... ;)

Yeah..... My wallet is on the dresser just looking at me and shaking it's head...

I mean, you got two arms. Might as well load 'em both up with track marks. ;)

Hoot

ROTFL!!!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby tridentarmory » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:42 pm

id be happy to get involved here and do up a barrel for this project......
call and we can talk.
ive got dpms type ar10 barrel extensions right here, and i own one in 308.... so im sure i have enough to make the whole project, just tell me where what length you want me to cut off the blown out brass and ill give it a go.
tridentarmory

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:56 pm

Hey, I'm right there with ya on the "simple mind" bench...with the 450b on the AR-15 platform, and the coming 450LM on the AR-10 platform, simple persons such as my own self can waylay anything that moves on the planet, with great authority. Wildcatting these things is probably a fun hobby project for those so inclined, but I just don't see any really practical (commercial) need for anything else. Unless someone wants to try making a 450 Rimfire for the tree rat hunters... :)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:36 am

Hey Hoot-ster,

I went to the Marlin Sight and I don't see a Marlin Handgun of any kind being offered?

I was wondering if the PigMan was mistaken and if, in the video, you can ID the weapon?

Just curious..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby kottke_35 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:03 am

wildcatter wrote:Hey Hoot-ster,

I went to the Marlin Sight and I don't see a Marlin Handgun of any kind being offered?

I was wondering if the PigMan was mistaken and if, in the video, you can ID the weapon?

Just curious..

..t

Tim,

Pigman is shooting a Magnum Research BFR chambered in the 450 Marlin cartridge. Hope this clears up some of the confusion.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby wildcatter » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:22 am

kottke_35 wrote:
wildcatter wrote:Hey Hoot-ster,

Just curious..

..t

Tim,

Pigman is shooting a Magnum Research BFR chambered in the 450 Marlin cartridge. Hope this clears up some of the confusion.

B.

Thanks, that's been around for some time now. That's a single action Monster, mine when I bring it out is much more portable and is an actual, fighting, double action..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bigboreshooter » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:21 am

When I think about wildcatter's pistol I imagine a judge like gun, that shoots .450 bm or 20 gauge. :mrgreen:
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles