Gorillas Aren't Endangered

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Gorillas Aren't Endangered

Postby BayouBob » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:46 pm

They just moved them all to Windham Maine. The Bushmaster plant has them installing front sight base taper pins. 30 minutes soaking with industrial penetrant, 20 minutes of pounding and finally used a 2 pound ball peen hammer and a quarter inch punch to break them free! Just hope my Superlight barrel doesn't shoot around corners now.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Re: Gorillas Aren't Endangered

Postby bigboreshooter » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Same thing happened to me on my light weight bush barrel. I cut em with a dremal because I was afraid pounding would bend barrel .
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Re: Gorillas Aren't Endangered

Postby Hoot » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:47 pm

It's not just BM. Many manufacturers torque the barrel nut / handguard way over recommended torque specs to get the next gashole to line up rather than add a shim washer or two. I for one would gladly pay the extra buck or two they could get shims made for, to be able to remove barrel nuts and handguards without a torch, deadblow hammer, breaker bars and untold stress on the receiver, even when used with the proper action block. It's one of my schisms.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to AR15 Style Rifles