A2 Sling Swivel Add-On

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450b AR Style Rifle Picture Thread.

Postby wildcatter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:40 am

tbirdman74 wrote:I need to find a friend with a machine shop... let me use it at night, that's a reeeee-diculous price for that.

There sure are allot of goodies for the AR, not since the Hey-Day of the M-1 Carbine have we seen so many, due-dads.

About the price, of course I come from the other side of the fence. You can borrow a mill from a buddy, which cost him how much? Then after you mooched his mill, you've got what, driving over to his garage, driving to get the steel, the cost of the steel (which is at a premium cost, because of such a small amount), clearing the stuff away from the mill, the actual set-up it's self, not to mention the 1000 other little things you'll need (cutters, pop, hamburger, a good time consuming chat with the buddy, ect., ect., ect,), add that all up and you spent way-way more, than the $15 bucks and the 5-6hrs it took you to build the swivel yourself.

Now you want to build 10,000 of them and you need to sell them to say a MidWay or go broke, they have to add-on their over head. Add too all of this, you might want to buy your own mill and a CNC Mill, which your going to need, if you plan on building them all sometime this century, starts at $75,000 +-. What would you charge now?..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: A2 Sling Swivel Add-On

Postby BayouBob » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:16 pm

As a certified redneck I can testify that the quote "I can make one of those" is close kin to the famous "Hey Ya'll, Watch This" which is of course the legally recognized redneck suicide note!
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby Jim in Houston » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:03 pm

BayouBob wrote:As a certified redneck I can testify that the quote "I can make one of those" is close kin to the famous "Hey Ya'll, Watch This" which is of course the legally recognized redneck suicide note!

I believe you left out part of the quote. The full quote is, "Here hold my beer. Hey ya'll, watch this."
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:13 pm

I'll just order mine through Midway. I'm not ready to start a new business in this economy.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Wicked Hunter » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:05 am

Well i finally got some stuff for a Midway order around and was really wanting to order the sling adapter. I noticed the one that has the hole oriented the right direction was backordered, so i decided to look into the other one i originally posted. After doing a google search for them it led me to none other than Bushmasters website.
http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=10 . Luckily there website had a better picture of the adapter. As it turns out the adapter in my original post has the hole going both ways! So its on its way along with a Lee FCD for the 45-70 to be modified at work on the lathe. Now we know you can order either adapter and should have no problems.
Wicked Hunter

Postby Hoot » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Wicked Hunter wrote:Well i finally got some stuff for a Midway order around and was really wanting to order the sling adapter. I noticed the one that has the hole oriented the right direction was backordered, so i decided to look into the other one i originally posted. After doing a google search for them it led me to none other than Bushmasters website.
http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=10 . Luckily there website had a better picture of the adapter. As it turns out the adapter in my original post has the hole going both ways! So its on its way along with a Lee FCD for the 45-70 to be modified at work on the lathe. Now we know you can order either adapter and should have no problems.

Duh, that totally makes sense. Kill two birds with one stone. Nevertheless, I ordered the other, cheaper one as I don't use slings that require the hole facing front to rear. The two weeks each year that it will be installed pass quickly. Thanks for the better image link.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Jim in Houston » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Just a follow-up from some posts earlier in this thread re three point slings. I got to thinking about my mamba sling and googled some installation instructions (that were way better than the ones that came with the sling). Sure enough, I had it on wrong. Here are the best of the instructions that I could find - http://www.specopsbrand.com/pdf/MAMBACollapsible.pdf.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby kottke_35 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:I still would like to see it in use.

Tex, If I can get some pictures posted on this site I will try to show what is going on. If not, I will put them on Sheepdawgs Campfire. I like the three point sling for weapon control as well. The only thing I don't like about it on the AR platform is getting used to manipulating the safety and such. The sling is nice if you have to transition to your off hand to shoot around a corner or something too.

I will see what I can do as far as pics go when I get off in the morning.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:04 am

That would be great either way. thanx!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg