A2 Sling Swivel Add-On

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

A2 Sling Swivel Add-On

Postby Wicked Hunter » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:41 pm

midway sells an adapter for the A2 that turns that dreaded loop into the standard quick detach lug.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/357561 ... parkerized

Kinda pricey for what it is, but i like the quick detach better than the loop.
Wicked Hunter

Re: 450b AR Style Rifle Picture Thread.

Postby tbirdman74 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:57 pm

I need to find a friend with a machine shop... let me use it at night, that's a reeeee-diculous price for that.
Go big... or go home.
tbirdman74

Postby Jim in Houston » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:52 pm

There is another option - http://www.midwayusa.com/product/125809/midwest-industries-rear-sling-mount-adapter-ar-15-carbine-for-6-position-collapsible-stock-aluminum-matte, but it is more expensive. It fits through the slot on the standard collapsible butt stock with the quick detach sling loop in a base on one side and a screwed on base on the other side.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Hoot » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:36 pm

Wicked Hunter wrote:midway sells an adapter for the A2 that turns that dreaded loop into the standard quick detach lug.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/357561 ... parkerized

Kinda pricey for what it is, but i like the quick detach better than the loop.

Looking at the picture of it on the Midway site, I do not see the stud riveted into the lug, so I'm at a loss as to how it "swivels". I assume it is some kind of blind rivet or something because if it does not swivel, then it is facing the wrong way. Otherwise its a great idea. If I were to try duping it myself with what I have at my disposal, I would have a hard time reproducing the swiveling stud part. The lug itself does not look that daunting.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 pm

I have those on both of my Noonan stocks. I paid 11.99. They must have gone up in price. But they work perfect on an A1 or A2 stock.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:07 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:I have those on both of my Noonan stocks. I paid 11.99. They must have gone up in price. But they work perfect on an A1 or A2 stock.

You didn't say whether the swivel stud swiveled or whether it is fixed at a right angle to the way they normally are?

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:11 pm

The Midway illustration is completely misleading. It fits right in, and then you can put a normal loop or QD in it. The mounting hole is oriented left-right, fixed. :)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Hoot » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:26 pm

commander faschisto wrote:The Midway illustration is completely misleading. It fits right in, and then you can put a normal loop or QD in it. The mounting hole is oriented left-right, fixed. :)

Thanks Joe.

I'm not obtuse, but just tell me one more time that:

If that is the case, I have a few other baubles I need to order anyway from Midway, so I may just have to pick a couple of them up for my two stocks. Even though the regular fixed loop ones that come with the A2 stock, spend most of their lives in a drawer in my shop as they interfere with my rear bag. I only mount them for hunting season, then take them back off.

FYI: In case anyone does not realize it, you can unscrew the butt plate screw that normally goes in the standard A2 fixed loop, drop a nut of the same thread down in the slot that the loop normally rides in and screw the butt plate screw back into the nut. IIRC, I sanded the nut a little thinner than it normally is to allow it to fit down in the slot, but I bet you could find thin profile nuts (like jam nuts) that would not need sanding.

This kind of stuff you guys keep revealing is why I have a hard time saving up my shekels. ;)

Hoot
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Mine is fixed at a right angle to the lower stock screw so that it is aligned properly. I'll try to find a picture.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Wicked Hunter » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:05 am

ha...Iguess i never noticed the holes going the wrong way. I wonder if the picture is wrong? I havent ordered one yet as im waiting for the list of stuff i think i need from midway to grow. My dad has 2 of them from Midway and his are right, but i think he ordered them like 3 years ago.
Found this one also. It appears to be correct, and is cheaper.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/551584 ... teel-matte
Wicked Hunter

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles