What stock/buffer are you using?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: What stock/buffer are you using?

Postby 9x19MdM » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:26 pm

kottke_35 wrote:
Hoot wrote:
bigboreshooter wrote:Magpul with wolf heavy spring and endine hydraulic buffer. Carbine length. Gunnut will be testing them soon, I hope.

So, anybody have a rifle length Enidine buffer for Gunny to test as well? It is the off season, so the down time would not be as impacting to your shooting schedule.

Easy for me to say. ;)

Hoot

Just went to the range today, froze my butt off but got some rounds down range!

Yep it's been cold up there in CO. My twin boys just went through a 3 day Avalanche Awareness class in Estes Park. They're on their way home tonight, 14 hr drive time, in hopes of getting into town in time for one of them to head to an 8am class.
9x19MdM

Postby EMB145 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks for the replies so far, keep them coming!

I ordered a wolf heavy spring and tungstun buffer ($45) while I was waiting for my post to get approved by moderator Sunday, and Midway promo $ trying to expire!

I will see how that works, they should be here by tomorow - I had to slum it with the 223 today at the range :D

I also am thinking of the Magpul CTR or UBR, any thoughts comments? I would like to stay with colappsable stock.
EMB145

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:25 am

EMB145 wrote:Thanks for the replies so far, keep them coming!

I ordered a wolf heavy spring and tungstun buffer ($45) while I was waiting for my post to get approved by moderator Sunday, and Midway promo $ trying to expire!

I will see how that works, they should be here by tomorow - I had to slum it with the 223 today at the range :D

I also am thinking of the Magpul CTR or UBR, any thoughts comments? I would like to stay with colappsable stock.

Oops. Sorry if I took too long to get your post approved. I am still having to wade through horrendous spammers to find you guys. But I may have also been out on the range myself. My cuz wanted to come out and shoot some and blow off some steam. With my rifle range a virtual swamp, we were limited to the pistol range which was just about as bad. But we got in some time with the handguns and also, I let him shoot Gretchen. I shot it too as I wanted to see how she handled with her new Ross brake. We were both very happy with her, but boy howdy, she does have a bark now with that brake! I would rate her recoil now at about a 5.56 NATO. She grouped well considering our bench was a rusty shot up drum and a rotten board. I do need to upgrade my range.
As for stocks, I have used Gunnys' A1 Recoiless on thumper and it shoots great. Recently, I swapped to a new prototype A2 that Gunny has sent me. I'm still waiting on more desirable conditions and a new batch of reloads to test that one. I am also going to have to sight thumper in again as I recently upgraded my scope.
Stay Tuned. March is coming.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles