broke one of our 450s....

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: broke one of our 450s....

Postby BillytheKid » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:20 pm

Actually, I'm not seeing where he said it was shoulder fired...only the observation that it was possible to break a collar bone trying.
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby tridentarmory » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:40 pm

ive never shoulder fired any test rounds or test products that we've made in any way.

after looking at the gas tube, i cant tell if it was faulty or not. we tried to measure its thickness, however it was stretched before it ripped.
At this point, we are pretty much giving up with the goal of 3k fps with this case and heavier than 220g projectiles.

i think we are all content with what we have at this point, and are moving on with new concepts.

it drives me nuts though, i hate giving up on a goal.
tridentarmory

Postby tridentarmory » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:42 pm

wildcatter wrote:
tridentarmory wrote:honestly, i think the case sticking was not the major issue.... i think it was a faulty gas tube... the case fell out at home with a bump from a wooden dowel after cooling

You're not supposed to shoot it from under the track of that M1 Abrams you've got, that you call your Pick-Up Truck, while it's at the bottom of the Marianas Trench!!..wink.

My only Question is, .."what did that gas tube kill"?..Double Winks..

..t

huh?

oooohhh, high pressures externally... i get it..

i think
tridentarmory

Postby tridentarmory » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:45 pm

guys, we do a few things around here, and the candid ways that i explain them may not be a full enough explaination with details of the specs as well as you all deserve. Additionally, i want to tell you that in no way would i subject myself or anyone here to danger knowingly. so when i mention we are trying something new, or higher pressure, it simply means that it is being tried. not that someone is holding onto it. not that there arent safety precautions in place, etc.

the

we all have the same goals, to find a weak link in a known product, then find a reason to build it better, and finally to find a method of selling the better product.w hen we introduced the 450+p to the moose hunters up here, we really had a goal of reaching 3k with a heavy bullet, reliably. we havent gotten there... oh well.might as well be satisfied with what we have.
tridentarmory

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles