Just put in my order for the 16in 450b :D

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Just put in my order for the 16in 450b :D

Postby artalon » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:43 am

well I was hoping to receive the upper so I could hunt with it this season, no such luck. Took the 50 out to a friends house who said I can hunt out there, lined up on this nice 4x3 mule.
750g AMAX @ 2900+ fps = puke all over front room window, friends wife had just eaten breakfast and happened to be watching the deer :lol: told her if I had seen her I would have waited till she went away ( yea right, that was awesome) :lol:
MOLON LABE
artalon

Postby xxInfidelxx » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:52 pm

I got to shoot my 16" .450 today out to 200 yards. I actually shot better at 200 than I did at 100. Maybe I was trying harder? First couple shots were high cause I was expecting bullet drop since I zeroed at 100 yards. After initial 2 shots realized the shots were still flat with the cross hairs centered on the target. Really surprised by this round today. I've only put 60 rounds through it but can't wait to hunt. Scouted out the property next to the range and there are some nice size deer running out the swamp coming in to bed in the evening. May take it out tomorrow or Tuesday, hell maybe both.

200 yards, wasn't taking my time and didn't allow barrel to cool. Few shots to the right were me rushing shots.
xxInfidelxx

Postby artalon » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:05 pm

nice shootin
BTY BILLED!!!!
MOLON LABE
artalon

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:19 pm

artalon wrote:nice shootin
BTY BILLED!!!!

Get your fed ex tracking number and watch it head your way!!
Geesh, it's like waiting for Santa!!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby artalon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:08 pm

Thanks, got the numbers and watching with great anticipation
just ordered a case of ammo from powder valley
still trying to decide on the sights,I got every thing already on an m4 and dont want to move it but maybe I just have to replace it :D
MOLON LABE
artalon

Postby 2zero6 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:37 pm

artalon wrote:Thanks, got the numbers and watching with great anticipation
just ordered a case of ammo from powder valley
still trying to decide on the sights,I got every thing already on an m4 and dont want to move it but maybe I just have to replace it :D

If the woods are as dense in Montana as they are here in Washington a red dot with a magnifier or low power scope is just about the only thing that will work. I would rather have the Aimpoint Comp M4 over my EOTech just because of battery life. That and there is plenty of eye relief on both.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby artalon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:49 pm

dense they are, Ill give the aimpoint consideration like you I also have an eotech
Im currently building a silencer and working on some heavy loads, how quiet is yours, I realize you have to go to another state to use it ;)
just curious
MOLON LABE
artalon

Postby wildcatter » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:51 pm

artalon wrote:dense they are, Ill give the aimpoint consideration like you I also have an eotech
Im currently building a silencer and working on some heavy loads, how quiet is yours, I realize you have to go to another state to use it ;)
just curious

I'm very interested in that sub-sonic work. I'm fooling with 325gr Barnes Busters. How heavy of a bullet are you using and do you have any load recommendations yet? Have you zero'ed into any powders, you might like over the others?..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby artalon » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:31 am

actually I was hoping to hear from someone such as your self about this,
I would like to start with 325 to 405 gr but Ill work with any thing any one comes up with, and Im thinking of maybe a rifle powder? (left field ?) :roll:
eventually Im going to find or build a gas block like the M14 (sorry I cant think what its called right off, been up for 2 days for super holiday pay)
as for loads, I read something in the past threads about going slow but Ill have to go back and read again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I do have a little experience with red dot in a 30-06 but thats a different story
or is it?
MOLON LABE
artalon

Postby wildcatter » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:27 am

Lets take this to another thread. I'm trying to break my bad habit of Hi-Jacking..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles