magpul pmag. Feed?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

magpul pmag. Feed?

Postby bangotwango » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Think this will run alright? Image
bangotwango

Re: magpul pmag. Feed?

Postby Colohunter » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Did you remove the rib from the front of the magazine? I know some people on here have successfully converted Pmags.
Colohunter

Postby bangotwango » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:18 am

Removed rid, rounded the front of the follower,opened up the bullet end of the mag and took off the hump on the follower.
bangotwango

Postby Al in Mi » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:21 pm

looks good to me.
Al in Mi

Postby firehawk » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:06 pm

bangotwango wrote:Removed rid, rounded the front of the follower,opened up the bullet end of the mag and took off the hump on the follower.

Here's what mine looks like with 10 rounds in it. The cartridges are pointed up, not somewhat level with the top of the mag like your's are OR like the Sig mags I have. Is it me or are the mag lips weaker on the P mags than they are on the Sig mags? I have done nothing to the follower although it doesn't appear to be tilting. Also have not done anything to the bullet end of the mag yet either.

Could you post up a pic of the follower. I can't seem to understand how you guys are removing the hump in the follower. The hump is hollow underneath, and if you grind it all away don't you end up with a hole in the follower? Did you use a nylon bolt in the front of the follower to keep the follower from tilting?

I'd like to go with the Pmags since they have a "cap" to keep the stress off the feed lips while the Sig mags do not. Don't think this will feed well.... :roll:
firehawk

Postby thatguy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:31 pm

I use a bench grinder to just grind the bullet shape off the follower.. It leaves it with a skeletized looking.. If that bothers you some ppl have used JB Weld to build the follower back up to look like the single shot followers..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby bangotwango » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Having some issues uploading from phone . Grind it down just till its flat. It doesn't look real pretty but I believe it will work. I also tad to taper off the bullet end of the follower as it would snag on the bolt. Also opened up the area were the round slides out of the mag.
bangotwango

Postby bangotwango » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Works like a dream.
bangotwango

Postby firehawk » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:55 am

Finally got out and tried the Pmag. Kept trying to feed two rounds if fully loaded with 10 rounds. If I only loaded five it would feed fine. Can't figure out why mine holds the rounds at such a steep angle? Ive ground the hump off the follower and did the nylon screw thing so it doesn't tilt.
firehawk

Postby Wicked Hunter » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:25 am

When a mag tries to feed 2 rounds it it usually because of to much spring tension. When the bolt strips the round out of the mag and there is that much pressure, the round doesnt want to slide off of the next round. I was having the same problem with mine.
Wicked Hunter

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles