NEW JP Silent buffer/spring assembly WOW

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

NEW JP Silent buffer/spring assembly WOW

Postby MarkCO » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:28 pm

This is brand new, and unfortunatley the first batch is gone, but I got one to test out. http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.7.2_os.php I ran a few hundred rounds on it today, incluidng 50 through the .450 Bushmaster. Extremely impressed. It knocked out a substantial amount of recoil and eliminated the impact bounce at the end of the carrier travel. The sound is almost completely gone in the stock. Plus, you get to remove the worrisome buffer retainer (I already had) and still won't get smacekd in the face by a run-away buffer and spring. The springs can be swapped out to adjust the recoil impulse. Also, the assembly weighs about 10 ounces!

That other thread about buffers and weights and such...out-dated technology.
MarkCO

Re: NEW JP Silent buffer/spring assembly WOW

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:19 am

Okay. Now to get one for gunny to test. How much do they cost?
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby MarkCO » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:52 am

I think the retail is about $125.
MarkCO

Postby ColoradoKid » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:46 am

This is good news!

LOL... being a black rifle newb, the first time I fired my .450 I heard this twang sound after the first round and thought to myself.... what in the....

Then it occurred to me that it was the buffer system. Didn't bother me too much after that, but if there is a way to subdue this sound then I'm in! Especially if the system is reliable and economically friendly. :D
ColoradoKid

Postby simpleman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:24 pm

I had the same thought the first time I fired an AR 15. That sounds cheap. I bought one that is made of music wire. About twice the price of standard spring but makes the stock much quieter. A hydraulic buffer will help as well.
simpleman

Postby mnhornet » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:26 am

Yep, it's like shooting a pogo stick, if any of you kids know what that is. The "boing" never really bothered me too much. It bothers me more that JP, that brilliant bastard, came up with another ingenious way for me to spend money.
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
mnhornet

Postby bigboreshooter » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:45 am

It cant be used with a weighted carrier, so some folks will still need those outdated parts.
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Postby MarkCO » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:51 am

bigboreshooter wrote:It cant be used with a weighted carrier, so some folks will still need those outdated parts.

While a weighted carrier is not the best solution for recoil reduction nor keeping the bolt locked longer, I wonder why you say this new system can not be used with a weighted carrier.
MarkCO

Postby bigboreshooter » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:17 pm

MarkCO wrote:
bigboreshooter wrote:It cant be used with a weighted carrier, so some folks will still need those outdated parts.

While a weighted carrier is not the best solution for recoil reduction nor keeping the bolt locked longer, I wonder why you say this new system can not be used with a weighted carrier.

snip" The JPSCS is not compatible with any 9mm AR variant or any blowback system using a solid (weighted) carrier."

Gotta read the fine print.
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Postby MarkCO » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:50 pm

bigboreshooter wrote:
snip" The JPSCS is not compatible with any 9mm AR variant or any blowback system using a solid (weighted) carrier."

Gotta read the fine print.

Read the fine print, and talked to John himself. No problems at all if you understand that is intended towards function with .223 and a solid carrier. Our .450BMs are overgassed by about 50%. Plus, you can adjust the spring. I've already increased the spring past the .308 for the .450 BM. It's all about understanding the interplay between gas, reciprocating mass and spring weight.

The best thing to do is turn down the gas and use a better spring system. Adding weight to the BCG might be cheaper, but it is the least effective of the good options.
MarkCO

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles