Hello From New Member in GA

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Hello From New Member in GA

Postby jackstraw1975 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:34 pm

I have been following the boards for some time and appreciate all the info. I recently ordered a 16" 450 upper from cabelas as well as 100 rnds for my new hog gun, unfortunately the ammo arrived but they have pushed back the backorder on the upper indefinitely, originally they said 1-2 weeks. Anyway it is starting to warm up and I am itching to get out and do some hog hunting, I would love to have a 450 to take with me. If anyone knows of available 16" uppers I would really appreciate it. The only availability date I can find is on MidwayUSA and they don't have them scheduled to arrive until May. Any help is greatly appreciated.
jackstraw1975

Re: Hello From New Member in GA

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:00 am

Welcome to our electronic campfire! Check with Trident Armory on uppers.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kottke_35 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:30 am

Welcome. Check with Walsh gun and tackle as well. Contract info is around here somewhere. I'm not sure that he's got any but he's usually one of the first to get them.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Hoot » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:11 am

jackstraw1975 wrote:I have been following the boards for some time and appreciate all the info. I recently ordered a 16" 450 upper from cabelas as well as 100 rnds for my new hog gun, unfortunately the ammo arrived but they have pushed back the backorder on the upper indefinitely, originally they said 1-2 weeks. Anyway it is starting to warm up and I am itching to get out and do some hog hunting, I would love to have a 450 to take with me. If anyone knows of available 16" uppers I would really appreciate it. The only availability date I can find is on MidwayUSA and they don't have them scheduled to arrive until May. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Check your PMs.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby bushmeister » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:02 am

Welcome! What part of GA are you located? There was a 16" and a remington R15 18" (complete rifles tho, not just uppers) not far from me.
bushmeister

Postby tridentarmory » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:16 am

hey buddy welcome!

im james from the north woods of maine. I own trident armory...
nice to have you aboard, if i can help with anything, just let me know.
tridentarmory

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Dittos on the welcomes to our electronic campfire here...pull up a stump and have some S'mores. I checked everywhere I know of, but no 450b 16" seem to be out there yet. Allegedly they are coming soon. There are some 20" complete rifles, maybe an upper or two in stock.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Nicodemus » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:11 am

Welcome aboard, I feel your pain on the wait for the upper. It's the only thing I need myself to complete my build. Hopefully soon :D
Nicodemus

Postby jackstraw1975 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I found a complete 16" on armslist and the seller is willing to just part with the upper, I had to pay close to retail for a used gun but it will be here on Friday. For the time being I am going to pair it up with the lower from my colt 6940 which is already setup with a timney trigger & emod stock and then swap out the trijicon accupoint 1-4x optic & killight, this should be one helluva hog slayer. I will post some picks once I get it setup.
jackstraw1975

Postby bushmeister » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:58 am

Awesome! I'm glad you were able to locate one.
bushmeister

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles