13rd Stainless Magazine

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

13rd Stainless Magazine

Postby wildcatter » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:35 pm

So, there I was, 25 feet in the air, in my Range Lab, on one of the most beautiful, short-sleeved, Mid-November Michigan day.

Hey, I can remember deer hunting in two feet of fresh snow and 25 below. This weather is most unusual for this time of year. Looks like when our opener comes, in three days, I'll be hunting in tennis shoes.

So, with all the windows open in the Range Lab and set up on an inside bench, I proceeded to shoot two, ten round, sub-half minute-of-angle groups, back-to-back, at two hundred yards and I now know why we get such great accuracy.

This week we just started capturing pressures and their graphed traces. For 20 rds, you can't hardly see the difference in the traces. The computer puts them on the same plane and I can barely see the differences in pressures, displayed on a mountain chart. The factory fodder has incredible consistency!

On another matter.. I have two cases of Stainless Steel mags (200pcs total), made by C-Products, all with the latest and greatest, no-tilt "Orange" Followers.

I got to looking at them and converted one to reliably function with 13rds! This, my dear friends, is no small feat.

If there is interest, I'd convert all of them for our use. They'll cost you significantly more than the Sigs, but then again, these are Stainless Steel (The really good ones, the only material SOCOM Operators will use these days) and are 13 rounds, of pure 450 Bushmaster devastation!! What do you think?..t
Last edited by wildcatter on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: 13rd Stainless Magazine

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:18 pm

I'm in like Flynn! :D
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby BillytheKid » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:15 pm

I would love some! But, I dont think they would be Kalifornia legal?
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby artalon » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:34 am

Ill take a few
MOLON LABE
artalon

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:45 am

Sign me up for a couple.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby artalon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:54 pm

how about 10 to start
MOLON LABE
artalon

Postby bushmeister » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:35 pm

I'll take 2.
bushmeister

Postby wildcatter » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:57 am

Ok, we're starting to get some juice going. Not sure what to sell them for. If I actually charged for my time and costs, they'd cost $75-$100+ bucks, for a small lot like this. It's not until you can build them in lots of 100,000+ that the cost start dramatically coming down. As all of us are, in fact, Cheaper-Than-Dirt, anything I'd charge would be a "Lost Leader" kind of thing for me, but then again, I'd love to see our guys once again saying, Nah-Nah. So, I'll sharpen my pencil and come up with a price that is doable, but it ain't going to be a Sig-Mag price by any means, but then who's got a thirteen round mag in a thirty round 223 body, beside the Mudder's Rangers Gang, right?..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bushmeister » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:36 am

wildcatter wrote: If I actually charged for my time and costs, they'd cost $75-$100+ bucks, for a small lot like this.

:o :shock: Maybe subcontract out the work to your Father in Law? :D
bushmeister

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:54 am

wildcatter wrote:Ok, we're starting to get some juice going. Not sure what to sell them for. If I actually charged for my time and costs, they'd cost $75-$100+ bucks, for a small lot like this. It's not until you can build them in lots of 100,000+ that the cost start dramatically coming down. As all of us are, in fact, Cheaper-Than-Dirt, anything I'd charge would be a "Lost Leader" kind of thing for me, but then again, I'd love to see our guys once again saying, Nah-Nah. So, I'll sharpen my pencil and come up with a price that is doable, but it ain't going to be a Sig-Mag price by any means, but then who's got a thirteen round mag in a thirty round 223 body, beside the Mudder's Rangers Gang, right?..t

Hmmm, there is a vacant business down the road from me....With room to set up a sizable machine shop and warehouse in the back and a showroom floor up front. It used to be a pizza parlor. Just sitting there.....wasting away. Damn, I wished I had some capital. Sounds like we need a 450 Bushmaster accessories store for the 450 and anything Bushmaster or AR.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles