Sig 556 mags and last round?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Sig 556 mags and last round?

Postby cantgrowup » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Okay... getting ready to head out the range in the next day or so and shoot my 450B for the first time. I have a couple of Sig 556 plastic mags from my Sig 556 that I though I would try on the 450B. I tried loading them tonight and they seem to hold multiple rounds just fine. But the last round is offset to the side by the staggered AR follower, and doesn't seem like it will feed. I'll try it at the range, but just wondering beforehand. I've not seen any comments about having to modify the Sig 556 mags to work on the 450B, so maybe it's not a problem?
cantgrowup

Re: Sig 556 mags and last round?

Postby BayouBob » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:51 pm

As long as the top round is relatively level it should feed fine. If the nose of the top round is at very much of an upward angle it may jam. Usually taking one or two rounds out of the mag will solve that issue. I seem to have a problem when I leave the Sig mags loaded for an extended time. Maybe the spring pressure spreads the top of the mag after a long time fully loaded.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Re: Sig 556 mags and last round?

Postby 2zero6 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:08 pm

No need to modify the follower, but you will want to call the dentist! Never mind he wont be able to get rid of the ear to ear smile...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Return to AR15 Style Rifles