Custom Lower Build project.A trigger question.

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Custom Lower Build project.A trigger question.

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:14 pm

-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:21 pm

:x :evil: Well I called Bushmaster again yesterday and got a very snotty customer service representative who basically didn't seem interested in talking to me, and when I asked to talk to his supervisor, he told me his supdervisor didn't know anything either. I asked to speak with a supervisor anyway and the rep said that his supervisor would tell me the same thing as he was telling me, which was nothing.
After asking about five times to speak to a supervisor, he didn't say anything he just put me on hold and transferred me to some guys office who wasn't even in. (Probably the copy room.) End result is...I have cancelled the backorder. I went to McKinney TX to a CHeaper than Dirt and bought a Daniel Defense Lower Kit for lower #2. Getting the competition triggers and Factory Bushmaster parts aint gonna happen under these conditions. And I am not going to deal with a company who has employees who do not want to do business with the individual. If you are a Bushmaster Exec. and you are reading this and you don't like it....Tough. Do something about the crappy customer service I have been receiving since you moved to New York. This order started on 03/01/2011. And don't give me the excuse that the move has you backed up. You weren't too backed up to see that your production plants had the parts they needed to send truckloads of rifles out.
From my experience, it seems you have forsaken your parts service division and orders to the little guy. And from what "Aaron" told me, you guys are not focused on your parts division, you are sending all parts to your production line, not caring that you are tying up the little guys money and time. Well I am out of time. So, likewise, you are too. Order cancelled. Give me a call when you get your priorities sorted out. Maybe I will need another bushmaster upper, if I don't find more customer friendly source before then. :roll:
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby dale » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Hey dawg-

I have 2 complete lowers from bushmaster. One was a complete rifle, 2.5 years ago, the other a complete a2 lower, 2 years ago. They function flawlessly, but the triggers don't feel very good at all. I just built 2 aero precision lowers (cheap, but super nice) using M & A parts lpk's (cheap), and these triggers feel WAY better than the bushies after only a few rounds. I think bushmaster is just building stuff from farmed out parts anyway. Don't worry, you're probably better off anyway 8-)
Dale
dale

Postby Larrys1911 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:03 pm

Ummm...

Since you already got the stuff this may not help BUT

Ive assembled 5 lowers in the last 3 years and all the small parts came from RRA and Brownells
even durring the One Big @$$ Mistake America scare at election I got them quickly...

HOWEVER I had to order everything piece meal not as a kit... No big deal really
I always order enough stuff to build two when I order :roll: I now have one heck of a small parts kit.

As to triggers

Ive tried the Two stage Bushy IIRC and Im not a fan, its kinda like a Glock trigger to me easy takeup and it stacks at the end just to make SURE that you really want to fire the round.

Ive got three and have built a couple more for others.

CMMGs trigger is the one in my lower the 450 is on..... its not a bad trigger but the adjustments dont take all the take up or overtravel out.. so its pullllllllllllllllllll about 1/8 to 3/16 I would guess then presss about 2.5 ish lbs and then when it releases its got about 1/8 overtravel then deal with a 1/4" reset and do it again! Its a serviceable trigger but nothing special

Ive done two accuracy speaks triggers ..... Very Nice they also have a Flat faced trigger with no casting mark on the face..... which makes it feel like a TRIGGER
(I sand the face of all mine to get rid of that casting mark, drives me NUTTS) I wont say 0 takeup or over travel but its very little, and reset isnt bad at all. One of those triggers is on a Swat Snipers 6.8 SPC that he uses for backup or entry when needed

Ive done my 6.8 with a JP trigger that is just SWEET no over travel and no takeup breaks a little less than 2.5 I would guess but reset is minimal.

I have never taken the time to put my scale on those triggers but I have a pretty good booger finger scale. :D

My other Ar is a Gunsmith hack job that needs to be replaced. If I knew then What I know now I mighta punched that guy that called himself a GS.

Larry
Larrys1911

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:17 am

Yeah, I'm gonna spend some time on this Daniel Trigger and polish it out like I did for my XM 15 and my 450B. I have a set of JP yellow springs on the way for #3 and had planned on a JP trigger group for this lower anyway. I was gonna put the comp trigger from bushy in the 450. But now I may just polish the triggers I have and save up for two JPs or a JP and a Timney. Don't get me wrong. I still love Bushmaster. I just don't like how their move to NY has suddenly created substandard customer service. Is it just that these CSRs are New Yorkers or is Remington trying to destroy the Bushmaster Reputation which up until March of this year had been exceptional? When it comes right down to it, there is no excuse. It has been three months and I was told on March first, 8-10 days. Then I was told three weeks... I was later told 4 weeks... I was later told 2-4 weeks. On and on it went. Three weeks ago, I was told three more weeks. Yesterday I was told the was no ETA. I'm a patient guy and waiting 3 months for parts I know are available elsewhere just sort of wore me out.
Anyway, all I need now is a A2 stock, a difference grip and decide who is going to get my business when I get ready to buy the upper for #3.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Larrys1911 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:07 am

Well Im not ever looking for A2 Stocks so I normally see three or four a week on Arfcom in the EE

normally about 20-35 is the going price.

Yea Im thinking im gonna try one of the Gisselle how ever you spell it triggers in my A2 when I replace the hack job just to see what all the fuss is about.

Larry
Larrys1911

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:24 pm

Larrys1911 wrote:Well Im not ever looking for A2 Stocks so I normally see three or four a week on Arfcom in the EE

normally about 20-35 is the going price.

Yea Im thinking im gonna try one of the Gisselle how ever you spell it triggers in my A2 when I replace the hack job just to see what all the fuss is about.

Larry

I will be buying Gunnuts' A2 custom stock for lower # 3. That way, if I want to put a heavy hitter on top, I can just install a dead mule or two. to see what I am talking about getting, go and look up Thread titled "Recoil and what to do about it". I think he sells the stock for $65.00. His A1 stock INCLUDES a custom recoil reducer inside and a Limbsaver butt pad. It costs more, but you are getting more.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BillytheKid » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Holy Smoke, I completely misunderstood his website!

I thought the stock was empty, and I had to purchase all of those extra doodads to go with it! WOW, ya mean it ain't 250-some-odd-dollars?

I'm gonna have to take another look!
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:34 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Holy Smoke, I completely misunderstood his website!

I thought the stock was empty, and I had to purchase all of those extra doodads to go with it! WOW, ya mean it ain't 250-some-odd-dollars?

I'm gonna have to take another look!

You can pick up his A1 for around $112.00 plus shipping.
If you go the A2 route, it is about $65 for the custom stock and you
Buy the recoil reducers for about $55 each. So that's $110.00 plus shipping if you buy one dead mule. Add $55 to that for two dead mules. The limbsaver pad is an extra option on the A2 but is included on the A1.

PM or email Gunnut for info on the A1. I LOVE MINE.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles