Old Question Again

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Old Question Again

Postby BayouBob » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:03 am

Does anyone know who makes the black followers that are now in the Bushmaster factory mags? I haven't been able to get a response from anywhere I have asked.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Re: Old Question Again

Postby Hoot » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:37 am

BayouBob wrote:Does anyone know who makes the black followers that are now in the Bushmaster factory mags? I haven't been able to get a response from anywhere I have asked.

Evidence points to C Products Defense as the manufacturer of both the Bushmaster and AR Stoner branded magazines. I have emailed their contact info with no reply and tried several times to contact them by the listed phone number, but it was busy.

Someone with time on their hands during the business day should perhaps keep calling the phone number until they get through. At work, due to some of my co-workers leaving or retiring, I am now doing the work of two people and don't have the disposable time I had a short while ago to pursue these things.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby BayouBob » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:53 am

I've gotten no response from them either.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:22 am

Same here..."no response" seems to be the standard for customer service with the firearms industry these days. :(
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Hoot wrote:
BayouBob wrote:Does anyone know who makes the black followers that are now in the Bushmaster factory mags? I haven't been able to get a response from anywhere I have asked.

Evidence points to C Products Defense as the manufacturer of both the Bushmaster and AR Stoner branded magazines. I have emailed their contact info with no reply and tried several times to contact them by the listed phone number, but it was busy.

Someone with time on their hands during the business day should perhaps keep calling the phone number until they get through. At work, due to some of my co-workers leaving or retiring, I am now doing the work of two people and don't have the disposable time I had a short while ago to pursue these things.

Hoot

C-Products has changed hands, but most of the original players are still there, including their all so important Engineering Staff, led by the infamous Berry Bergen.

They are now...Ammunition Storage Components LLC or "ASC" is the premier manufacturer and supplier of AR magazines to the rifle industry. Their web site is.. http://www.ammosc.com/, talk to Berry or to his son Rick, who often answers the telephone.

Here's the kicker and your best bet, .."tell them I sent you"!! And make sure you do this..

Should get things running along quite well..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 9x19MdM » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:57 pm

8-)
9x19MdM

Postby Hoot » Tue May 01, 2012 3:56 am

In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby 9x19MdM » Tue May 01, 2012 3:59 am

9x19MdM

Postby Wicked Hunter » Tue May 01, 2012 4:26 am

Finally got ahold of the guy that works in plastic injection molding. He has sold the business, but looked at my bushy follower for a long time and seemed interested. Just couldnt seem to get an answer out of him as to whether or not he had the connections to make a run of them. He even went as far as saying that the piece could be added to an unused portion of an existing mold so that it could be plugged if not needed or openened up and ran with the other parts on the mold. I'll let you know if i hear back from him on the matter.
Wicked Hunter

Return to AR15 Style Rifles