AUG in .450???

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

AUG in .450???

Postby TacoTaco » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:46 pm

All,

I just saw that Steyr is (finally) releasing their AUG to us lowly peasants. Does anyone (wildcatter) know if this platform could handle the .450 cartridge? This would suit my purposes very well. A compact package like that would make hunting in rugged terrain a tad easier.

*I know the AUG isnt an AR platform, but I figured this folder was as good as any to post this up.
TacoTaco

Re: AUG in .450???

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:38 am

Take a look at the XO 26 by Franklin Armory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9VLQWJZ ... ata_player
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

TacoTaco wrote:All,

I just saw that Steyr is (finally) releasing their AUG to us lowly peasants. Does anyone (wildcatter) know if this platform could handle the .450 cartridge? This would suit my purposes very well. A compact package like that would make hunting in rugged terrain a tad easier.

*I know the AUG isnt an AR platform, but I figured this folder was as good as any to post this up.

Having never done one, I'd have to do a Firearm Reliability Survey first. But generally speaking I can make anything shoot in anything and at this limited point, I see no reason why not..Except, this is a $2000-$5000 dollar weapon system just to get started, which might be a limiting factor, unless you are Commander Fast & Furious, (a.k.a.-commander faschisto) wink..

..t

PS..That, "anything in anything" comment, well, lets just say, the lawyers are doing the USPTO work up's and hopefully in a few weeks, I will be able to knock "All" of your jaws to the ground..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:05 am

PS..That, "anything in anything" comment, well, lets just say, the lawyers are doing the USPTO work up's and hopefully in a few weeks, I will be able to knock "All" of your jaws to the ground..t

And here I was keeping all hush hush......LOL!!
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:25 am

WC, it that the 7.62x51 in an AR15 platform idea you hinted at a while back? I think the subject arose from someone linking a video for that single shot version someone was selling. I can't find the exact thread.

BTW, did you get my PM regarding the case head growth thread? No need to speak to that question in this thread though. We already do that too often .

thanks,

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby BillytheKid » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Hoot wrote:WC, it that the 7.62x51 in an AR15 platform idea you hinted at a while back? I think the subject arose from someone linking a video for that single shot version someone was selling. I can't find the exact thread.

BTW, did you get my PM regarding the case head growth thread? No need to speak to that question in this thread though. We already do that too often .

thanks,

Hoot

guilty as charged...I should never have linked that video...now the world knows there is a secret they don't know...
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Hoot » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:36 pm

BillytheKid wrote:
Hoot wrote:WC, it that the 7.62x51 in an AR15 platform idea you hinted at a while back? I think the subject arose from someone linking a video for that single shot version someone was selling. I can't find the exact thread.

thanks,

Hoot

guilty as charged...I should never have linked that video...now the world knows there is a secret they don't know...

I thought it was interesting and thought provoking myself. A lot of folks get locked into the "nine dots" syndrome and WC's musing was good food for thought. Not saying that it is what he has in the mill. Just hazarding a guess... ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby wildcatter » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:45 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:

No, that's a good thing..

TSD is going to make the announcement, when it's ready..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby wildcatter » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:50 am

thanks,

Hoot

Yup, but haven't had much time to do more than a line or two here.

I have been amassing some goodies for you and our thread readers.

WRT, the 7.62x51 nope this ain't it, but that 30cal is on the chopping blocks, soon and it won't be a no single shot either, cause it chucks them on semi-auto, real-good..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:37 am

wildcatter wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:

No, that's a good thing..

TSD is going to make the announcement, when it's ready..

..t

Drool Drool...... :?
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles