Extractor breakage

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Extractor breakage

Postby PRKL8R » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:10 pm

I have not read of this problem from anybody else. Mine broke on the 12th shot in my new xm15 Bushmaster. I called BM, talked to a very nice Lady and had new one in the mail in a few days. Havn't had it to hapen since(about 200 rds.). Still this worries me. Has anyone had this occur? Also after reading threads on triggers I'm concerned about my AR Gold doubling. So far no problems,but limited number of shots(40). I absolutely love this triggers features and its feel. It is safer and feels better to me than my Wilson Combat or the Bushmaster NM 2stage I tried before. Looking forward for comments from this group of experts. PRKL8R
"a citizenry armed with riles cannot be tyrannized." Jeff Cooper
PRKL8R

Re: Extractor breakage

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:38 pm

Welcome to the asylum! ;)

Personally, I've not heard or seen reports of 450b extractor breakage before...you might be "leading the fleet" in that regard. I would suspect you got the last one produced on a Friday afternoon...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby bushmeister » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:39 pm

It's not common with factory ammo, but I do remember someone who was reloading 284's had some issues one time. Were you shooting factory ammo when it happened?
bushmeister

Postby wildcatter » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:48 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Welcome to the asylum! ;)

Personally, I've not heard or seen reports of 450b extractor breakage before...you might be "leading the fleet" in that regard. I would suspect you got the last one produced on a Friday afternoon...

This is Prolly true. The breakage issue has been a minor problem, in the early teething days, but I haven't heard of one for some time now.

PRKL8R, quit worrying and just enjoy your, Airavata-Shooter (as opposed to a poodle shooter - Airavata, look it up). I just love those AR-Gold Triggers and you're not going to have a problem with them either..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby PRKL8R » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Thanks lots for quick replies!! 1st ,commander faschisto,I know a thing or 2 about late Friday QC. That may have been the culprit!! I bought this rifle mid-2010 nib camo 16" carbine huntn model,and so far bushmeister have only fed her 250 FTX's from Hornady. Wildcatter thanks for the vote of confidence about AR Gold. That's a big relief if I run into Airavata or maybe Ursa Major here in the hills of Va.
"a citizenry armed with riles cannot be tyrannized." Jeff Cooper
PRKL8R

Return to AR15 Style Rifles