Why do you have/what is your favorite thing about 450 BM?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Why do you have/what is your favorite thing about 450 BM?

Postby Blasternank » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:10 am

Everyone has their reasons for owning a certain firearm. Antique, art of it, a special purpose, or you just had to have it and didn't know why! :o I was curious as to why you decided on your 450 BM and after owning it what do you like the most about it? I enjoy reading stories about peoples stories about their firearms.

Thanks.
Blasternank

Re: Why do you have/what is your favorite thing about 450 BM

Postby B swift » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:29 am

I considered it an upgrade upper for my humble AR! What's not to love about thumping? One thing led to another and I built a dedicated lower for the BM, put some glass on it and now we're ready for big game. A certain local bear that likes to eat garbage and domestic critters. It's WAY more fun to shoot than my 223. Easier to see the holes I make in paper and packs one hell of a punch.
"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand".
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Postby Wicked Hunter » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:13 pm

I chose the 450 because Indiana finally legalized something worth hunting with. I watch a wall-hanger buck every year walk accross a field just out of reach of my slug gun. It's typically around 150-200yds. I have permission to shoot into this field, but the farmer wont let me setup any stands on his property. If I cant get closer to the trail I figure i'll bring the trail into the range of my weapon. I was thinking muzzle-loader, then i found the Thumper, which in essance is the same as a muzzleloader but semi-auto. It doesnt get any better than that. Oh yea and shooting the 450 is cheaper than shooting the lightfield slugs my rem 870 likes.
Wicked Hunter

Postby commander faschisto » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:44 pm

Having carried Uncle Sam's squirrel rifle (5.56mm) for 22 years, I originally swore off ever again holding an AR in my hot little hands. Until I heard about the 450b, that is. I'd previously seen the 50B and 458S, but something just didn't click for me with those two. Then, "the light came on" when I checked out the 450b, and I knew I had to have one...it's been a happy marriage ever since. I love my 450b...in a strictly platonic way, of course. It completely whacks anything I'm ever likely to hunt, at all the ranges I'm ever likely to be shooting, and semi-auto to boot. What's not to like? :)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:44 pm

Because, "I CAN"!!

And besides, with it, I'm the Baddest Dude on the Block!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby tbirdman74 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:13 pm

I did a lot of research on the big 3 big bores, and was drawn to the ballistics and convenience of parts, supplies etc. Then read the forums on each, and was impressed with the "standards" by which this forum was run, and the free and gracious sharing of information that was going on here. So, pulled the trigger. Then I shot it. The rest is history.
Go big... or go home.
tbirdman74

Postby Hoot » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:08 pm

It went on sale before I could buy one of the other thumper calibers. I actually had an AA 50 Beowulf Overwatch (24" barrel) upper on hold when I heard of the sale. At that point, I could have gone either way. Knowing that the 450b was based upon an actual rifle parent case tipped the scale. That's why I was totally outraged when I discovered that Hornady and Bushmaster screwed with WC's original design just enough to make using .284 Winchester brass a pain in the butt.

Since then, I have generally been pleased with my choice nonetheless.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Blasternank » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Thanks for the answers! Keep them coming! Interesting to see why people chose their guns.
Blasternank

Postby helidude350 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:51 pm

I love the multi purpose.
It pokes holes in steel plate.
Perfect for slaying zombies.

And being the envy of your friends. (or former friends...Hee Hee) ;)
helidude350

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:41 pm

Why do I have a 450 Bushmaster? Because its the perfect AR 15 for any Texas Hunting mission.
And hawgs don't stand a chance. With the 230 Gr FMJ or FMJ FP at 2500 FPS, from deer, bears or hogs to drug dealers, none will stand up to a hit from this rifle. As for zombies? It's a no brainer...... Pun entended.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPd208W2 ... ata_player.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles