My new THUMPER!!!

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

My new THUMPER!!!

Postby DJWTactical » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:22 pm

Hey guys i just purchased a 450 Bushmaster today and im pretty excited. One thing is the 5 round magazine is NOT going to work i have a couple magpul mags laying around what can i do to make them work??

How is the recoil and is a Enidine Hydraulic buffer needed to help tame thumper?

I will be putting a Leupold scope on there and it will be the answer to my hog problem here at my texas ranch!!!
DJWTactical

Re: My new THUMPER!!!

Postby Hoot » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:08 am

No recoil abatement is needed, but certainly does help. Between the muzzle brake (not the Izzy flash hide), recoil pad, weighted bolt and spring-weight in the stock, mine is like shooting a modest black powder load. More a muted shove than a punch or rap.

I don't use mine for hostile takedowns, so a 5 or 7 round mag is fine. Actually, in 723 shots, I've shot multiple rounds once, as most of my shooting is from a bench doing experimentation.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby DJWTactical » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Awsome im pretty excited about mine coming in!! What kind of muzzlebreak would you suggest to get?
DJWTactical

Postby Hoot » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:34 pm

DJWTactical wrote:Awsome im pretty excited about mine coming in!! What kind of muzzlebreak would you suggest to get?

Get one of These. Ross does Top Shelf work at bargain basement prices. Get the stainless version and if you want it dark, get a bottle of stainless steel blacking or paint it. Don't forget to post a picture of your rig once you get it set up, in the picture thread.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby DJWTactical » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:08 pm

Ya i sure will and who makes those muzzlebreak is there a website to order it from???

I just recieved my La rule mount for my gun but once it is here i will post pics and range report!!!
DJWTactical

Postby Hoot » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:38 pm

DJWTactical wrote:Ya i sure will and who makes those muzzlebreak is there a website to order it from???...snip

If you look at the last post on the first page of that thread, it lists Ross' address. You can email him from Here and he will get in touch with you.

Hoot
Hoot

Postby DJWTactical » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:05 pm

Thanks for all the help i will post pics right when i get it setup!!! 8-)
DJWTactical

Postby bushmeister » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:57 pm

Welcome to the board! The best recoil reduction I have seen is a combo of the recoil-less stock and a limbsaver pad. The muzzle brakes are great as well, but hearing protection is priority 1 when using ones that effectively reduce recoil. For the mags, the sig 556's are hard to argue with for 10-12 rounds of bliss!
bushmeister

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:30 am

I think that I am gonna check into Gunnuts recoiless stock
Here in the next few weeks.
http://www.arrecoilless.com/products.html
I like cool looking muzzle brakes
But I dont wear hearing protection when I hunt. Only when I
Am on my firing range.
But if I decde to get into experimenting with brakes,
I would love to try out some of the above mentioned
Brakes. I would really like to see some data charts
On these brakes.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:39 am

bushmeister wrote:Welcome to the board! The best recoil reduction I have seen is a combo of the recoil-less stock and a limbsaver pad. The muzzle brakes are great as well, but hearing protection is priority 1 when using ones that effectively reduce recoil. For the mags, the sig 556's are hard to argue with for 10-12 rounds of bliss!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =203366955
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles