NRA wants to borrow my upper.

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

NRA wants to borrow my upper.

Postby cptrifeg2 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:47 pm

The Indiana NRA Rep is a buddy of mine in my reserve unit. He called me up today and wants to borrow my upper, 200 rounds and wants to beat up a polymer/carbide lower before he endorses it. He had the 458s and .50 beowulfs but none of the owners loaded or had ammo they would part with. The test is later next month. I'll let you know how it turns out.

"Soldier's dont rise to the occasion, but fall to their level of training".
cptrifeg2

Re: NRA wants to borrow my upper.

Postby wildcatter » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:02 pm

WOW-ZER!

Good Go 'Ol Man!

Which polymer lower is it?

Also find out which magazine will do the write-up and when??

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby cptrifeg2 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:45 pm

im not sure it there will be a write up, this is more to test the durability of the lower before they put any "faith" in it. But if there is i'll let yah know. I'll get yah the lower info. he was kinda tight lipped with brand names but I assume it will be much like the vulcan arms lower that is a carbide polymer.

cptrifeg2

Postby 45r » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:44 am

If the lower is hooked up to an extendable stock they'll need a H-3 buffer.Any big-bore AR benefits from a little heavier buffer or CWS.A 20 inch Upper is a little overgassed also.
45r

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 pm

If you video it, I will volunteer to do the final production/edit/and publishing on my You Tube Channel. Just send the raw video data on a Data CD/DVD in a .MOV, MPEG4 or other Microsoft format.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby cptrifeg2 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:26 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:If you video it, I will volunteer to do the final production/edit/and publishing on my You Tube Channel. Just send the raw video data on a Data CD/DVD in a .MOV, MPEG4 or other Microsoft format.

thanks! I also have a youtube channel, I just havent used it much. My buddy picked up the upper this past weekend. Should hear something next week.

cptrifeg2

Postby Musky » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Nice is that an old RG33 bang bus. How'd that lower hold up to the 450?
Musky

Postby kenn1320 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:49 pm

New guy here doing some homework and searching the forums for information on Polymer lowers. Sorry for bumping this old thread, but there isnt much coming up on polymer other than magazines and bullet tips.
I was looking at the 80% lowers if anybody has info on that, both aluminum and polymer.
thanks.
kenn1320

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:48 pm

kenn1320 wrote:New guy here doing some homework and searching the forums for information on Polymer lowers. Sorry for bumping this old thread, but there isnt much coming up on polymer other than magazines and bullet tips.
I was looking at the 80% lowers if anybody has info on that, both aluminum and polymer.
thanks.

Personally. You couldn't give me a polymer lower/upper receiver for the 450 Bushmaster.
As for the 80% stuff. That's for guys trying to skirt FFL laws and we don't condone that here either. The laws may suck and could be successfully argued to be unconstitutional. And I would agree. But the law is the law and until it changes, we must all abide by the laws. We on this forum do not encourage, support, aid or participate in skirting US firearms laws.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kenn1320 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:35 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
kenn1320 wrote:New guy here doing some homework and searching the forums for information on Polymer lowers. Sorry for bumping this old thread, but there isnt much coming up on polymer other than magazines and bullet tips.
thanks.

Personally. You couldn't give me a polymer lower/upper receiver for the 450 Bushmaster.
As for the 80% stuff. That's for guys trying to skirt FFL laws and we don't condone that here either. The laws may suck and could be successfully argued to be unconstitutional. And I would agree. But the law is the law and until it changes, we must all abide by the laws. We on this forum do not encourage, support, aid or participate in skirting US firearms laws.

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't looking to skirt any laws, more curious about the lighter weight and the videos looked like a cool project. There are company's that engrave the builders name and requested serial number and address so it can be registered once completed. I own an M&P 40 which is a polymer lower and happy with it, but as I said, I'm new to Ar's so thought I would ask. Last thing I would want is to be out hunting and have a CO see my gun had no numbers on it. I cant imagine that would end well for me.
thanks
kenn1320

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles