A new non-223 AR forum

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

A new non-223 AR forum

Postby the_mad_rshn » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Guys,

I am also a member of the 50 Beo forum and here is an e-mail that I got. If anyone is interested please see the e-mail below. Please note. I do not work for the people associated with the e-mail. This is just for you:

You may be wondering "Who is Beyond556.com?". This is not spam, but you are a member on our forum.

As of December 15, 2010 the http://www.50beowulf.com Forum has expanded into a new website and forum has been opened at the domain http://www.beyond556.com

Why this change?

Over the past 5 years, many new cartridge options have been created including but not limited to the 450 bushmaster, 30 Remington AR and now the 300 AAC Blackout all with major brand support and submission to SAAMI.

As such, the options for the AR-15 beyond 5.56 caliber have taken a major step forward past wildcat or proprietary cartridges limited to one or very few companies.

As the market and options grow, we are also expanding. The old forum dedicated to big bore is now the first discussion forum dedicated to ALL of the AR-15 cartridge variants available to the consumer from ALL manufacturers.

If not a member, we invite you to join in our enjoyable and information loaded forum (pun intended). At beyond556.com you can expect a healthy discussion by consumers as well as industry professionals. We have plans to release some very useful tutorials, guides and data in early 2011, so stay tuned.

Please take notice and update any appropriate bookmark or favorite places in your browsers. You will find that there are many redirects in the shooting community pointing you to the new forum. Some of these redirects are ARvariant.com, the458socom.com, ar15variant.com, bigboreAR15.com, 50beowulf.com, and M4variant.com.

If you have any questions please feel free to email us.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from all of us at Beyond556.com.

Lars | Beyond556.com
Site Administrator
Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Re: A new non-223 AR forum

Postby BillytheKid » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:32 am

So, not to be disrespectful, but, are they throwing in the towel while trying to put a happy face on it?
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby MudBug » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:16 pm

The arguments there will be epic.

The 458 Socom forum seems to be having trouble and I considered offering some space here for them, but in the end it just seemed that I was inviting trouble.

Can you image all the 6.8 vs 6.5 grendel vs 6mm AR vs 30 rar wars and 450b vs 458 vs 50 Beo wars. That place is like dry grass that just invited a torch to brunch.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby BillytheKid » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:53 pm

I much prefer the atmosphere we have here.

Let's keep it that way.

Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby BayouBob » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:07 am

I agree with Billy. We sometimes stray off topic or talk about other calibers but our mutual interest is the 450 Bushmaster and we all agree it is at the very least an interesting and useful caliber. Most of the general forums out there on just about any subject quickly turn into "YOUR MOTHER WEARS COMBAT BOOTS" level of discussion, often egged on by shill's for one manufacturer or another. This is the most polite and most welcoming forum I have ever been a part of; let's keep it that way.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby Siringo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:50 am

I totally agree with BB. This forum should be about the 450B, shooting it, hunting with it and various platforms -- nothing else. The civility here is nothing short of amazing compared to any other forum that I have visited.
Siringo

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:11 am

Siringo wrote:I totally agree with BB. This forum should be about the 450B, shooting it, hunting with it and various platforms -- nothing else. The civility here is nothing short of amazing compared to any other forum that I have visited.

I like this forum just the way I found it back in November.
Don't change anything. But if you want to change something
Give us iPhone users a little better contrast between the
Background color and the letter/character Font colors.
The greys are hard to read against the OD green background.
But don't go overboard. Maybe do an experiment and find a color
combination us old guys can read without squinting. LOL!
Maybe a very lighter shade of olive green and replace all grey
fonts with a more vivid or darker color.
Just a suggestion. But as for content....DONT CHANGE A THING!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Just a thought you guys, when we finally get some real turds, kicking dust in our faces, it will be "You", who polices this site. You will have to speak up quickly and with great strength, to condemn and correct the foul mouth, hair brained agitators, types. For in the end it will be "We" who will keep this sight stepping forward, with kindly respect.

I trust you all had a great Christmas, Al-in-Mi is coming over tomorrow, I plan to show him some of the things I plan for next year, so you know your going to get a full report from him. To that end, have a prosperous, insightful, and cordite laden, New Year.

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MudBug » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:08 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
Siringo wrote:I totally agree with BB. This forum should be about the 450B, shooting it, hunting with it and various platforms -- nothing else. The civility here is nothing short of amazing compared to any other forum that I have visited.

I like this forum just the way I found it back in November.
Don't change anything. But if you want to change something
Give us iPhone users a little better contrast between the
Background color and the letter/character Font colors.
The greys are hard to read against the OD green background.
But don't go overboard. Maybe do an experiment and find a color
combination us old guys can read without squinting. LOL!
Maybe a very lighter shade of olive green and replace all grey
fonts with a more vivid or darker color.
Just a suggestion. But as for content....DONT CHANGE A THING!

Don't worry, I won't change anything like that, as I said it would just cause trouble.

As for the other stuff you mentioned, I've know for a long time that the color scheme needs some work, even for PC users, that gray color is hard to ready. I will get around to doing that, and maybe even adding a high contrast theme, maybe just black and white like a newspaper.

I have been looking for a mobile mode for iphone and android users but so far what I have seen has some security issues or is only for the iphone.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby wildcatter » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:37 am

Hey Mudder, do you get the idea you've created a Monster that is highly loved, kinda like a Godzilla? This is a tribute to your benevolence and knowledgeably, in such matters. I am but one of the many minions, that marvel at how, we here, are so respectful, which remains in stark contrast, in comparison to the other channels. This too is a by product of your Leadership.

I thank you for all your support..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles