450 Corvette

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450 Corvette

Postby Hoot » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:46 pm

jerdebson wrote:Just keep in mind if it was as simple as an extended "loop" gas tube we all could have a 450C for the price of a gas tube. Boy would I feel stupid having spent $250.00 to get WC to convert my 450B. Thankfully I don't have to know how to design an AR to shoot one. My engineering experience is in another totally unrelated field.

Especially if you can buy a nitrided Franklin Armory 450b barrel with rifle length gas port for $199, swap barrels, add a rifle length gas tube and sell the take-off barrel and carbine gas tube to cut your cost in half. It'll be interesting to see how the Franklin owners make out as more of them wind up in circulation and their owners end up here.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby jerdebson » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:51 am

That might be a good option Hoot but you will have as much as a "C" conversion in an upper you already have. It may be great if you are building your own from scratch.
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby Hoot » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:44 am

jerdebson wrote:That might be a good option Hoot but you will have as much as a "C" conversion in an upper you already have. It may be great if you are building your own from scratch.

In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Epaphroditus » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Whoa! I was just speculating a bit ... not trying to reinvent the 450C! I never even started in on the pixie dust (or was it fairies?) or the tutu end of things. I'll leave that to the experts!
Epaphroditus

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Umm. Yeah. Well. I don't know there.
I take the Fifth.
:roll:
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby jerdebson » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:19 pm

Well, TSD knows all about the Pixie Dust, and TUTUs but you better watch out, he might get a little touchy calling him a fairy... LOL
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby Epaphroditus » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:27 pm

jerdebson wrote:Well, TSD knows all about the Pixie Dust, and TUTUs but you better watch out, he might get a little touchy calling him a fairy... LOL

Come on now ... what's a little fairy between a couple "bushy" buddies?
Epaphroditus

Postby jerdebson » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Probably happy :lol:
Jerry

Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:45 am

A little fairy between two 450 Bushmaster buddies would be safely protected from all forms of evil... :|
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby jerdebson » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:21 pm

That's the attitude Robin!
Jerry

Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles