450 Corvette

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450 Corvette

Postby MarkCO » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Just missing the gas system. Has several rounds through it shooting "single shot".

MarkCO

Postby wildcatter » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:46 pm

MarkCO wrote:Just missing the gas system. Has several rounds through it shooting "single shot".

Send her on out when y'all get ready, I gotcha covered.

I should be starting back-up, this coming week. MAN it's been a man-killer of a Winter here, and I mean a Man-Killer.

I gotta dig out first and I have several projects to Finnish and a ton to mail out to guys that have been way-over understanding. But you could send anytime and I'll put it on the schedule, after I get dug out, of course..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MarkCO » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:56 pm

I am going to take it apart one more time and touch up a few things on it and coat the barrel then I will get it sent out. Want it assembled or parts?
MarkCO

Postby wildcatter » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:19 pm

MarkCO wrote:I am going to take it apart one more time and touch up a few things on it and coat the barrel then I will get it sent out. Want it assembled or parts?

Send it assembled, so I can test fire it some, with your equipment. You don't have to have the Barrel nut all that tight, nor the hand guard (nice and hand tight is more than enough). Make sure you include your phone number address, etc. Throw in a rifle length gas tube if'n y'all have one.

I'm warming up the Pixie Dust Now. I have no idea on the turn around time, as we haven't been able to dig out yet but late tomorrow might be the day, certainly by next week, if I want to believe the weather guy..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:31 pm

Too bad that pixie dust can't melt snow.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Too bad that pixie dust can't melt snow.

Got that right!

Hey, only send the complete upper..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby wildcatter » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:00 pm

Now you know why, we call it the 450 Corvette!

MarkCO, is as close as you can get to a Professional Reloader/Shooter. He will know doubt experiment with such loads. But you the average or above average reloader SHOULD-NOT try this at home, death can occur, if not highly experienced.

Of course the Corvette Conversion will make anyone look good. And, you can finally Break and go well Past the "Wall" and achieve much better performance than the factory length gas system can achieve AND, still fire and function the factory fodder as well. Who else can do that??

..t

What was the speed that Doc was pushing this bullet at (2750fps & that load was from a bolt gun and Maybe, won't function your gas gun), to get his Bang-Flop pig??
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby MarkCO » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:45 pm

IMPRESSIVE!

Have a gas tube, won't send a lower...I am in no rush... I have 3 major matches and one to run in the next 6 weeks (not to mention the other wildcat AR I am working on at the same time) so I would not even touch it if I had it. I'll only be testing the Corvette rig out on days with plenty of time and some sense of calm...only way to fly with new stuff.
MarkCO

Postby jerdebson » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:46 pm

IMPRESSIVE! I hope to shout, I'm impressed.
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby Tannerses » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Can those that have shot this upgraded version of the 450 Bushy chime in on their impressions? Is the main difference that you can shoot hotter loads? Is the recoil the same or stronger with these hotter loads? Can you still shoot factory ammo from Hornady, etc?
Tannerses

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles