Mag and feeding problems

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Mag and feeding problems

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:43 am

BamBam, how's it going with your black followers?
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BamBam » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:54 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:BamBam, how's it going with your black followers?

Converted a 10 the day I got them, set out the 20 and the 30 to play with the next day and have been laid up with torn discs since so I haven't gotten back to them yet.

I had planned on having them done and to have dropped a few hogs by now.

But a clown with no insurance who rear ended me at a stop light while doing 50 had other plans for my immediate future ...... :evil:

On a side note I found that State troopers will relieve you of your carry piece and skinning knife while you are being strapped to a back board slicker than any pick pocket could.

No one has ever successfully touched either and got away with it, let alone remove them from my control. I had a very nice chat with him at the hospital about the potential perils of doing that unannounced.

He was kind enough though to go back and place both exactly where I told him I would expect to find them in my (now) totaled Jeep and to lock it up.

So .... all I have been doing lately is laying around and occasionally surfing and reading new posts.
Ted Nugent For President 2016

BamBam

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:55 pm

Awe man.... Sorry to hear that! Be sure to ask for a TENZ unit from your doc. I've got one for my back and it's a wonderful tool. I've had a bit of bad luck over here myself. Went to my doc for a physical last week and when the bloodwork came back, my doc called and said my PSA is a bit out of whack so I'm staring down the barrel of some potentially scary times in the future. More tests next week to find out if it's serious. Hang in there.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BamBam » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:07 pm

They gave me a RX for a tenz unit and I have been using it, and a RX for morphine which I am not using.

It sux because I can't lay flat, and I can't sit up straight in a chair, I'm stuck in a recliner 99% of the day at a 45

Still trying to figure out how to load while laying at a 45 .... :mrgreen:

I had similar blood test results a few years back, turns out there are several things that can cause the higher results, beside the fact that the test can be very inaccurate to begin with. Mine ended up not being a problem at all. I hope you have the same good results.

The one strange thing I found out about during my brief scare was something they should inform everyone about before taking that blood test. If you fool around with the wife / girlfriend for the 2 days prior to the blood test you will get more accurate results.

They tell you when your not supposed to eat for 12 to 24 hours on other blood tests, so why the heck wouldn't they tell a guy that ?

On second thought it's probably because a wife wouldn't believe it.

"But Honey, the Doc says we have to" .................... :roll:
Ted Nugent For President 2016

BamBam

Postby LIL GUN LOVER » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:03 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Awe man.... Sorry to hear that! Be sure to ask for a TENZ unit from your doc. I've got one for my back and it's a wonderful tool. I've had a bit of bad luck over here myself. Went to my doc for a physical last week and when the bloodwork came back, my doc called and said my PSA is a bit out of whack so I'm staring down the barrel of some potentially scary times in the future. More tests next week to find out if it's serious. Hang in there.
SHEEPDAWG, I hope You get good test results. You are where I was three years or so ago. I was not lucky and had surgery. Still wearing Depends. P.S. I enjoy reading Your posts. LIL GUN LOVER NRA life member.
LIL GUN LOVER

Postby bullnose » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:01 pm

I didn't read all 9 pages, so forgive me if it's already been said - I have found great success with the SIG polymer mags. Others have claimed you need no mods, but I did dremel a "half moon" in the front as a precaution. This was due partly to the "eyeball test" and more importantly hand cycling in which I found the occasional round was hanging up on the front of the mag prior to the half moon mod. Other than that, I did not change anything, including leaving the stock 5.56 follower in place and to date have had close to 100 rounds through each of 2 mags without a hiccup. The feed lips seem to be the ideal spacing for the .450 BM round, at least as compared to the dinking around I've done with opening or tightening other SS and aluminum mags. Your mileage may vary, of course...
Never give the devil a ride, 'cuz pretty soon he'll want to drive.
bullnose

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:39 pm

bullnose wrote:I didn't read all 9 pages, so forgive me if it's already been said - I have found great success with the SIG polymer mags. Others have claimed you need no mods, but I did dremel a "half moon" in the front as a precaution. This was due partly to the "eyeball test" and more importantly hand cycling in which I found the occasional round was hanging up on the front of the mag prior to the half moon mod. Other than that, I did not change anything, including leaving the stock 5.56 follower in place and to date have had close to 100 rounds through each of 2 mags without a hiccup. The feed lips seem to be the ideal spacing for the .450 BM round, at least as compared to the dinking around I've done with opening or tightening other SS and aluminum mags. Your mileage may vary, of course...

I LOVE my sig mags!! But where did you find yours? I've got four but I need more.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wattg » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:41 pm

hey ,

new member here , sorry to bring this thread off topic , just needing some quick advice ... so I am new to the 450 bushmaster but not new to the ar15 556 platform. I have a BCM lower that I would like to put my 450 BM upper on , below will be some links to BCM product descriptions ... my lower is on there complete carbine

my complete carbine :
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M16- ... -s/166.htm

BCM lower general description:
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Lowe ... -s/117.htm

so my question is ... can I just slap the 450 bm on that lower with no modifications ... do i need to change buffer and springs ??
wattg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:55 am

No changes needed. Leave your lower receiver alone. As long as you're getting a factory Bushmaster brand 450 Bushmaster upper, (16" or 20"), you'll be fine.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BayShoreBallistics » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:18 pm

I agree with the Dawg! You should be fine with no changes required to your lower receiver. If for some reason you run into any issues post a new thread and describe the symptoms and I am sure someone on here can help diagnose the problem. The odds are that it will function flawlessly as it is now.
Liberty and Freedom for All!(Some restrictions apply, must be over 18 and not available in all states)
BayShoreBallistics

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles