$549 Uppers

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: $549 Uppers

Postby Smooth » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:12 am

Have had mine on order for some time. The charge went through the bank on 02/24/11 should be getting it soon.
Can,t wait.
Can,t wait.
Can,t wait.
Can,t wait.
I'am waiting.
ps. Cabela's still have them on their web sight for 549.
"You actually think that criminals will obey gun control laws?
You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"
Sam Elliott
Smooth

Postby 45r » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:16 am

Is there a place where you can get a 20 inch barreled upper without a fake gas block.I wish they wouldn't put fake stuff on the 20 inch upper.
45r

Postby gunnuttwo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:08 pm

I just got my 450 upper from Cabela's yesterday. My ammo is on back order until the 25th and they didn't have any on the shelf. I got the upper home and put some open sights on it and proceeded to bore sight it. The gas block is crooked on the barrel and I couldn't get the sights set even with the back sight clear to the right. I was really disappointed. I don't know about the gas block. Can a guy loosen the three set screws and turn it to align it or will the hole in the barrel line up. If that is the solution, will the gas tube line up with the gas key or does it then need to be aligned then? OR, will the barrel need to turned? So many questions, but I really appreciate the help and experience that people have on this site. I have learned quite a lot since I joined! Thanks for the help!
gunnuttwo

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:37 pm

gunnuttwo wrote:I just got my 450 upper from Cabela's yesterday. My ammo is on back order until the 25th and they didn't have any on the shelf. I got the upper home and put some open sights on it and proceeded to bore sight it. The gas block is crooked on the barrel and I couldn't get the sights set even with the back sight clear to the right. I was really disappointed. I don't know about the gas block. Can a guy loosen the three set screws and turn it to align it or will the hole in the barrel line up. If that is the solution, will the gas tube line up with the gas key or does it then need to be aligned then? OR, will the barrel need to turned? So many questions, but I really appreciate the help and experience that people have on this site. I have learned quite a lot since I joined! Thanks for the help!

Maybe this can help you out.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=1034 ... _Gas_Block
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby gunnuttwo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Thanks Texas Sheepdog. That answered a couple of questions. Still wondering if I loosen the set screws and straighten it out, how can I be sure that the hole in the barrel lines up with the hole in the gas block?
gunnuttwo

Postby dale » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:17 pm

gn2------
if your upper is 20" the gas block you're talking about is a dummy, the functional one is back under the handguard.....
not sure about the 16"
dale
dale

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles