Pistol Calibers for Deer Hunting

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Pistol Calibers for Deer Hunting

Postby Handgunner » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:29 am

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! :D
RETIRED
US ARMY VET. 1966/1968
Deputy Sheriff & Fire Fighter
Life Member NRA/1976
Firearms Enthusiast
Handgunner

Postby Andeson » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:05 am

This is one of my favorite kind of pistol in for hunting, The Desert Eagle weighs 4 1/2 pounds, and that weight, along with its gas-operated action, makes it one of the more comfortable .44 Magnum handguns to shoot. If kept clean and fired with a firm two-hand hold, it is also quite reliable. Accuracy is seldom as good as some of the revolvers here, but it is good enough for bumping off a deer out to 100 long paces.

The fully adjustable rear sight is fine for hunting at closer ranges, but attaching a scope to the Picatinny rail machined into the top of its barrel makes vital hits on distant deer much easier. The .357 Magnum is a bit light for big deer, and the .50 AE is more than needed, making the .44 Magnum the best choice. With a round in the chamber, the gun gives you nine tries at the target. Due to the absence of a barrel/cylinder gap, the Desert Eagle delivers slightly higher velocity than a revolver with a barrel of the same length.
Andeson

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:30 am

If you own a DEagle, I just wanted to let you know that there is now a drop-leg holster that works with the full-size Desert Eagles. Its from BLACKHAWK!...model 40ALH1BK. Usually listed retail for about $60.00. It has TWO belt-hanger straps in a Y-shaped configuration on top and two leg straps on the holster base with non-slip strips woven into the straps. I had to do one small mod to mine to get the best fit, but I've forgotten what it was and it is not visible on the holster now...(first thing to go is your memory, and...danged if I can remember the second thing now...) Just thought any DEagle owners might be interested.

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AV ... M66Z7Z0Z95

There are other sources, of course.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles