:-) Just ordered my upper..

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: :-) Just ordered my upper..

Postby gunnut » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:01 pm

I use (2) 50 round holders. (1) with 50 sized & primed. (1) empty. Charge the case and put it in the empty holder. Take a look at them again when the 2nd holder is full. Then check each one as I seat and then crimp. Sounds like a lot of work. But, Makes me feel better! :D
Huummm! Maybe we should be over on the reloading thread!! :?
gunnut

Postby thatguy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:48 pm

wildcatter wrote:
thatguy wrote: <deleted text>

Just a side question.. Im shooting the Hornady 250gr .452 XTP in my muzzleloader - Has anyone used this when reloading for the 450B??

thanks

Brian

Good go 'ol man, and the Hornady 250MZ bullet is the very bullet Hornady puts on the 450b and is incredibly accurate..As far as Powder verification goes, I myself ALWAYS use a shell holder and then ALWAYS strategically place my face over the holder and view all 100rds at the same time looking to see if one has more or less powder than the others, DO THIS, and you'll develop a great Safety habit..

Wildcatter - I am shooting the XTP (hollowpoint) in my muzzleloader - Not the FTX/SST-ML.. I thought I read something about the 250 gr XTP 'not staying together' (not quite sure what that means) due to the higher velocities.. Thoughts??

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby wildcatter » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:59 pm

thatguy wrote:
wildcatter wrote:
thatguy wrote: <deleted text>

Just a side question.. Im shooting the Hornady 250gr .452 XTP in my muzzleloader - Has anyone used this when reloading for the 450B??

thanks

Brian

Good go 'ol man, and the Hornady 250MZ bullet is the very bullet Hornady puts on the 450b and is incredibly accurate..As far as Powder verification goes, I myself ALWAYS use a shell holder and then ALWAYS strategically place my face over the holder and view all 100rds at the same time looking to see if one has more or less powder than the others, DO THIS, and you'll develop a great Safety habit..

Wildcatter - I am shooting the XTP (hollowpoint) in my muzzleloader - Not the FTX/SST-ML.. I thought I read something about the 250 gr XTP 'not staying together' (not quite sure what that means) due to the higher velocities.. Thoughts??

Brian

Ok, I got it now. Yeah, if it's not the "MAG" variety and the 250hp is not, then at our velocities and for that matter at magnum MZ velocities, they will over expand on big game, much like a Varmint bullet, when striking a thick skinned animal. If home defense is the goal and you don't want to shoot through an entire house, or any other application where high expansion is desirable, then a high expansion bullet, that comes apart is the ticket.

Because we have such a Hugh amount of bullets to choose from, one merely needs to decide, just what his mission is and then pick a bullet for that role.

We, tend to get a totally unjustifiable reputation, that the 450b can only use, Quote.. "pistol bullets". Generally meaning that we are Ham-Strung to a very narrow use, and that big game or even dangerous game is out of the question or some other mis-contrived, with no real knowledge base statement any fool could make on the internet.

Concerning the use of "Mere Pistol Bullets", if that were the only case then that would be fantastic, all by itself, but this caliber and this diameter in specific (.4515"/.452") has been around for some 150 years or more, so, one would think there'd be a bullet for any and every mission that a man could think of, and he'd be "Absolutely Correct"!! If Elephant are the norm, then pick any one of the FMJ's, which has killed two Elephants that I know of, some Cape Buffalo, tons of the Big Bears and more Moose, Elk, Caribou, and Deer, that I can count or if varmints need a little thinning, then pick a light hollow point. Get it, pick the bullet for the mission, we've got plenty to choose from and way-way-way more choices than the .458" guys will ever-ever have, and the big kicker here, is that it's entirely possible and some here do it all the time (with the correct safety precautions), use the .458" bullets in our 450 Bushmaster's!!!!

Now, dear readers, do not leave Unchallenged, the Stupid Jealous Notions some Chechako's (look it up) have on many of the other Web Boards, we have much to teach and remember..."Only You Can Prevent Forrest Fires", (Smokey Bear)..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby thatguy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:54 am

Thanks for the explanation Wildcatter...

The 'Big Brown Truck' has my upper and ammo "out for delivery" :D Too bad we are going out of town this weekend, I wont get to shoot it :(

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby wildcatter » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:37 am

thatguy wrote:Thanks for the explanation Wildcatter...

The 'Big Brown Truck' has my upper and ammo "out for delivery" :D Too bad we are going out of town this weekend, I wont get to shoot it :(

Brian

Not-to-Worry, Me and the Mudder and some of these-here other Renegades, are coming over to your house, we'll bring our own rock for the window, and we're going to wear out that Upper for ya..No need to thank us, we are just your little Buddies and we're here to help!..wink
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:20 am

wildcatter wrote: we're going to wear out that Upper for ya..No need to thank us, we are just your little Buddies and we're here to help!..wink

Proper break in procedures will be taken free of charge. In reference to the upper. :lol:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby Al in Mi » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:49 am

2zero6 wrote:
wildcatter wrote: we're going to wear out that Upper for ya..No need to thank us, we are just your little Buddies and we're here to help!..wink

Proper break in procedures will be taken free of charge. In reference to the upper. :lol:

with board member suppiled ammo of course!! :P
Al in Mi

Postby thatguy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:02 am

Al in Mi wrote:
2zero6 wrote:

with board member suppiled ammo of course!! :P

With my 100 rds - that wouldnt last long with this group..

Brian
thatguy

Postby gunnut » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:34 am

I guess this means We all go over to "Thatguy's" house to "Kiss the bride" :lol:
gunnut

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles