Newb with a thumper enroute

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Newb with a thumper enroute

Postby Sadaddy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi all. I've perused the boards here for a while, and I must say this place is great! The info available here is astounding.

I'm in central southern MI, smack dab in the middle of what used to be the shotgun deer zone, now called the "limited firearms zone". This year will be the first that straight walled cartridges are allowed here with case length restrictions. I'm super excited to be able to use the 450B for deer this year. I've been eying uppers, but until now I couldn't justify the expense with out a practical use (read hunting) other than fun for the range.

On to the point... I ordered a 20" upper from buds today using their make an offer feature. I wish I would have been looking a few weeks ago when midway ran them at $550, but I think I did okay with buds. They advertised the 20" for $651, and accepted my offer of $621. Shipping brought it to $640 even.

While I was spending through my firearms kitty, I also purchased a Redfield revenge 3-9x42 accu ranger sabot ML scope and PEPR mount from midway. The scope is supposed to work well with a 250g projectile moving at 2200 fps. It is rediculously marked down right now, so I'm not invested too much if it doesn't work out, plus it has Leopold's lifetime warranty.

Now all I have to do is wait for the mail man to bring my goodies! Meanwhile I'll be reading anything and everything I can find about this exciting journey I'm set to begin. For now I'll pull up my chair and be sitting by the electronic campfire listening and learning.
Sadaddy

Location: Ingham Co. MI, Roscommon Co. MI or somewhere in between

Re: Newb with a thumper enroute

Postby MudBug » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:33 am

Welcome, we are glad to have you here.

Ask away, but your biggest resource here just may be the search feature.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Kobyashu » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:06 am

As a relatively new 450B owner too, welcome to the forum. I can say that I have learned tons by reading here. The reloading area for the 450B has shown me that these guys can help you to be a great shot (and save money)! I have the 20" Bushmaster Upper and I have never been this accurate with any rifle I've ever owned or shot. I think you will be surprised at how accurate these are right out of the box! Have fun

Kobyashu
Kobyashu

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:36 am

Welcome to Arlyck Tronic campfire. Pull up a stump.
. Okay... So SIRI totally hosed that greeting up. But I think I'm gonna
Leave it that way so all you other iPhone geeks can get a kick out of it too.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Ghost Dog » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:05 pm

"Welcome to Arlyck Tronic campfire. Pull up a stump"

Too many smores.
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:58 pm

I thought that was his drinkin' buddy's name....
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:34 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Welcome to Arlyck Tronic campfire. Pull up a stump.
. Okay... So SIRI totally hosed that greeting up. But I think I'm gonna
Leave it that way so all you other iPhone geeks can get a kick out of it too.

Hey From one Hoser to another, ha y'all doen.

I'm up in the Lapeer, MI area, and also waiting for the start of deer season, to be able to legally use my Thumpers.

Welcome to the Board and contribute as much as you ask, especially we want to read all about your first impressions concerning the arrival of your Thumper.

And if'n ya can't find any deers over in your neck, common over here, we have allot. Heck, I shot an actual Double (bang, -one and a half seconds-, and bang, flop-flop, about that fast too) on Whitetails last season! This year I'm going to try for a solution to nail two or three with one shot!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:03 am

commander faschisto wrote:I thought that was his drinkin' buddy's name....

"I drink alone".
Not sure if Winston Churchill said that.... or George Thurgood, but yeah.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Sadaddy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Everything arrived today, now I just need to block off the time to get it cleaned and together.

Wildcatter-
I shouldn't have much trouble finding Bambi around here, but I surely appreciate the gesture. What I may have trouble finding is ammo for this baby anywhere within driving distance...sheesh! I may just have to head over that way, if for nothing else, to shake your hand and tell you "THANK YOU" face to face. I don't believe I have been this excited about a firearm since Grandaddy gave me my first Sheridan some thirty plus years ago!

I'll post a pic or two if I can figure it out when everything is completed.
Sadaddy

Location: Ingham Co. MI, Roscommon Co. MI or somewhere in between

Postby Jim in Houston » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:36 am

I get all my ammo on line, since no one carries 450BM that I have ever seen.

Palmetto State Armory usually has good prices - http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1182/
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles