Strike eagle reticle

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Strike eagle reticle

Postby Yotehunter243 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:22 pm

I have a 18" bushy being built for deer hunting. In really liking the Vortex Strike Eagle and the reticle for fast hold overs. Now all my scope have open turrets but figured for my short range deer hunting taking time to dial won't be needed. With the moa spacing on this reticle do you think it will suffice?
Yotehunter243

Re: Strike eagle reticle

Postby BayShoreBallistics » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:46 pm

I am sure it will work fine. The reticle is a little busy for my liking in a hunting rifle, but if you like it I see no reason why it won't perform for the task.
Liberty and Freedom for All!(Some restrictions apply, must be over 18 and not available in all states)
BayShoreBallistics

Postby Yotehunter243 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:28 pm

It's pretty busy for me too but was thinking the drops would hopefully work out to 200 yards. I'm sure I'd have to see where each one actually hit.
Yotehunter243

Postby Jim in Houston » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:36 am

Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby MarkCO » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:36 pm

The drops on that will take you to a little past 350 depending on your zero.
MarkCO

Postby Yotehunter243 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:37 pm

MarkCO wrote:The drops on that will take you to a little past 350 depending on your zero.

Thanks for the reply
Yotehunter243

Postby wildcatter » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:36 pm

Got that right, especially knowing it's for close in, fast shooting, which is why I designed the 450b concept for, in the first place. But, I could use the "Strike Eagle's" (An Ed Verdugo, knockoff-909=917-8316, say I sent you) round circle on low power, say something around a 1x, on a charging Griz. If the circle fills up with brown, you better pull the trigger and keep pulling (assuming you have a adequate sight solution), to stop the charge, because you are about to become scat!!

At the time of the 450b inception, I was Guiding in Alaska. You can become to reason why I might need such a weapon/sight!! My puny 30-06 just didn't seem like quite enough, under those conditions..

Ed Verdugo can give you much better insight into that sight, he is a Green Beret Sniper, and his, is far cheaper/better too!! We exhaustively tested the Verdugo scope and found it in creditably useful having the additional benefit of being able to hit smaller targets much further out. It is however, caliber/BC specific.

But, I love the fire dot as well. But, but, because of the "Fast and Furious" stuff, I am fine with a standard reticle sighted in for two hundred yards again with maybe a 1-6x set on the lowest setting, all for fast/dangerous work.

Now, a little about me..

I'm in Idaho, with my wife, who is a traveling "RN". I am on the mend from several accidence I had is DEC., with corresponding hospital stays (3x times). I fell and tore up my rib cage and shoulder. I'm having a good day, hence my participation here. But until, I heal I won't be up here/on-line much.

I should be back in MI, on the Range, sometime in April..

..t

PS.. I did fly South to Vegas for a ten day stay with my Daughter, in Vegas! The weather was in the 70's...Nah-Nah..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:51 pm

well good to hear from ya bud!!!

Didn't hear from you so we ate the last of the moose sausage and 15yr old cheddar......................... :oops:
Al in Mi

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:20 am

Hey Tim!!! Call me!!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby MarkCO » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:34 am

Has your SE worked out? Just curious. We are seeing a lot of discontent with them in 3Gun. Failing to hold zero, fish-eye distortion at the edges, and lots of parallax.
MarkCO

Return to AR15 Style Rifles