ebay mag followers

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

ebay mag followers

Postby plant_one » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:52 pm

so i ordered a couple of the ebay "single shot" followers.

have tried a couple different mag bodies so far (30 rounders) and they all seem to get sticky around 8-9 rounds. i can see why in general ya'll are just converting 20 round straights.

one question i have before i order a couple 20's, do the rounds tend to stagger a bit side to side in them as well? i noticed that on both alumnium and SS mags, although it seemed worse on the c products AL i tried initially.

i've tried cproducts, blackhawk, and even a DPMS i usually reserve for my .204.... all my other mags are poly, mostly PMAGS.

the only thing i havent done at this point is modify the follower at all.

i've seen in the big mag thread that at least one person was cutting the anti-tilt legs off and using em that way... but dont recall finding much feedback if more folks were finding that method useful.

should i keep tinkering? or am i over thinking this and should just order a couple stainless 20 round straight mags?
plant_one

Re: ebay mag followers

Postby Hoot » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:56 pm

Most mags that are commercially available and to a large extent, the ones we mod, are adapting a magazine designed for a different caliber, to hopefully work for us. There is an exception though. Bartz has redesigned the magazine, where necessary to better work for our caliber and had them manufactured that way from the get go. I'll let Bartt wade in om that, if he see's this.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Avenger10 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:11 pm

Thanks for the intro Hoot-

Not sure where to wade in. Back in the day people had to find work arounds because factory 450 mags were expensive and they really didn't work very well. Much fiddling has been done as can be witnessed be a search of this site, most of which would fall into the Band-Aid category. Some have been successful fiddling while others have spent more time, money and frustration than most experience with their golf game. We were frustrated just like the rest so we took maters into our own hands and worked with our mag people to perfect the 450 magazine. We have yet to see a problem with the new mags. People still complain about the price but you have to understand it takes quite a bit of effort to put those little "stinker" tabs on the inside of the mag to center up the round for stripping. Some will argue it isn't necessary but NiB coating bolts isn't either and our customers love that too!

We have been so successful with the 450 mag that we are rolling out an entire line of mags in 2016 to include: 450Bushy, 300BLK, 5.56NATO, 223 Wylde/.223Rem, 204Ruger, 6.5 Grendel and our own 257BartZ. All are SS and have blue BartZ followers, Wolf bottom plates and accept COAL of ~2.280 - 2.300".

With BartZ you pay a little more but... you get more.

Hope this was helpful,

-Barttman
BRENTON USA | LONG-LOAD
www.brentonusa.com
Avenger10

Postby plant_one » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:00 pm

i'm not adverse to paying for a good mag, but $20 to experiment on a couple followers from fleabay ... what the heck right?

i did luck out and stumbled across a BM factory 5 rounder in the bargain cave last week for $15, so i have two factory mags on hand right now and just looking at the possibility of having a higher cap or two to play with for range time fun.

so with the mags you offer - what is the price point (MSRP), what round capacity do you offer them in, are they available currently and if they are who on your list of retailers on your website would you suggest i visit or contact to acquire some?

i cant seem to find any information on your webpage regarding these mags at all.

Thanks!
plant_one

Postby Al in Mi » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:19 pm

Avenger10 wrote:Thanks for the intro Hoot-

Not sure where to wade in. Back in the day people had to find work arounds because factory 450 mags were expensive and they really didn't work very well. Much fiddling has been done as can be witnessed be a search of this site, most of which would fall into the Band-Aid category. Some have been successful fiddling while others have spent more time, money and frustration than most experience with their golf game. We were frustrated just like the rest so we took maters into our own hands and worked with our mag people to perfect the 450 magazine. We have yet to see a problem with the new mags. People still complain about the price but you have to understand it takes quite a bit of effort to put those little "stinker" tabs on the inside of the mag to center up the round for stripping. Some will argue it isn't necessary but NiB coating bolts isn't either and our customers love that too!

We have been so successful with the 450 mag that we are rolling out an entire line of mags in 2016 to include: 450Bushy, 300BLK, 5.56NATO, 223 Wylde/.223Rem, 204Ruger, 6.5 Grendel and our own 257BartZ. All are SS and have blue BartZ followers, Wolf bottom plates and accept COAL of ~2.280 - 2.300".

With BartZ you pay a little more but... you get more.

Hope this was helpful,

-Barttman

Nice line up of mags Bartt.

Now I really "need" a LR308 single stacker for a couple of upcoming projects ;)
Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:26 pm

The 450b mag looks like this:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Avenger10 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:49 am

Mag availability-

The full mag line is new for 2016 and all will not be completely available until mid summer. However, the 450 mag is available now and can be purchased from any of our dealers found on the dealer page at the BartZ website. Retail is ~ $35.00. The best way to get one is to have your local dealer contact us to get signed up as one of our dealers. For those of you who want to order one via mail order please contact Not Just Guns of Mason - 517.244.9001 as they mail out our product daily.

Thanks for the interest guys,

-Barttman
BRENTON USA | LONG-LOAD
www.brentonusa.com
Avenger10

Postby plant_one » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:01 am

ok. i should be up near jays either this weekend or next. i'll stop in and see what they have available. i've been shopping with them since they were in the old garage downtown next to the river.

if they dont have anything i can get ahold of guns galore, they're only about 35 mins from me, and i'm up near mason pretty often too for work. thankfully my job has me driving around quite a bit so i'll be able to explore a few of your vendors without really going out of my way.

one more question - are they 5 rounders? or 9 rounders? you didnt mention what the capacity was on them.
plant_one

Postby m113103 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:04 am

m113103

Postby plant_one » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:22 am

thanks,

i guess i should mention that i've already got a pair of 5 rounders - i got lucky and found the 2nd one in the bargain cave for $15, and of course the one that came with the upper.

if jay's doesnt have any bartz's when i'm up there, i may have to swing up into the thumb and go visit Walsh's and check out those ASC's. what i'm trying to find are some 9-10 round ish type mags. numrich has Bushmaster 9 rounders available to ship as well for $35.

i almost bought an upper from walsh's a few weeks back before i ended up with the upper i have, but someone beat me to it. in retrospect i'm kinda glad they did - they ended up saving me enough $ to pay for my brass, a couple boxes of bullets, the dies and the extra 5 rounder i have now. :)
plant_one

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles