RZE Unimag for mIutiple calibers

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: RZE Unimag for mIutiple calibers

Postby TonyRumore » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:24 pm

With 10 rounds in the mag, push downward on the case head about a 1/4 inch and then release. Does the case head pop back up and hold tight under the feed lips or does it rebound slowly and stop with rear end sag?

Then pull lightly upward on the bullet tip. Does the top round try to come up through the feed lips in the front?

There is a BIG difference between a magazine that works and magazine that works RIGHT.

Tony
TonyRumore

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Having just the one mag to work with, I went back and checked it again. With just the mag in the hand, I did get a somewhat "droopy" case head rebound like you described. I did not get the tip to pull up through the feed lips until I put enough pressure on it to bend them outwards until the case pulled through, so I couldn't exactly duplicate that part of what you mentioned. I have noticed with a little more use that the body of the mag might benefit from slightly heavier-gauge sheet metal, but I'm not sure what that might do to the overall design goals from the RZE point of view. I'm sending updated info about what you said to RZE to see what they think. Check your PM.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:28 am

HANG ON A MINUTE...HAD A REPORT OF LESS THAN ACCEPTABLE FUNCTION...GOING TO RE-CHECK WITH MORE THAN ONE MAG TO GET BETTER RESULTS...LETS WAIT AND SEE.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles