trident 450

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

trident 450

Postby plowboy111 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:24 am

i am seriously considering ordering a trident 450 b before i call them i thought i would run it by the experts. i have done a lot of reading here on this site but just joined so i could post a question or two so here goes and thank you so much as i am new to this forum and have no experience with the 450b. i am thinking about having them build me one like i want not just run of the mill. i don't think their rifles are run of the mill anyway but i am picky about guns i only buy them to hunt not to show off or target shoot every weekend. i have my 22 for that.
i live in southern michigan i think this is the best caliber they will allow us to hunt with. i also think it will be a heck of a hog gun if i ever can get back down south. i was thinking about getting a 18" barrel ported stainless steel. i do not want a run of the mill ream job for the case and bullet i will load every shell fired thru this gun. i want to stick with about a 250 grain bullet been shooting one for years in my muzzleloader. i don't need a barrel that is cut for up to a 300 grain bullet length. i own a perfect rifle built by one of the past 1000 yrd record holders so i kind of want to copy that. i can't make up my mind on barrel length so i am thinking about splitting it down the middle and getting an 18". I also like just a plain old stock with the trap door in the but plate. am i missing anything? how are their factory triggers. i have decent one in my 223 ar might take that one out and put it in my trid.ent. buy the really nice one for the 223. am i messing up anywhere or am i on the right track. thanks john also how big is their barrel outside diameter.
plowboy111

Re: trident 450

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:12 pm

I don't know anything about barrel length, but many on the forum do. Here is one link - http://450bushmaster.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1866. You can do a search, but instead of the forum search box, use google and type in "450bushmaster.net/barrel length," or something similar.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Re: trident 450

Postby Avenger10 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:07 am

Plowboy 111-

Have you looked at the BartZ Manufacturing 450? We started BartZ because others quality wasn't good enough for us. We make them here in Michigan and nobody beats our quality. The guys here on the forum rank us pretty high.

Our rifles can be found in 22 shops in lower Michigan. Not Just Guns in Mason stocks our whole product line.

You can find Bartz Manufacturing on Facebook and the web too.

Give us a shot and buy Michigan...

-Barttman
BRENTON USA | LONG-LOAD
www.brentonusa.com
Avenger10

Return to AR15 Style Rifles