Length of pull

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Length of pull

Postby winman1550 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Just started the journey to acquire an AR. Eventually a 450. I have not handled an AR with an A1 or A2 stock and wondered what is the length of pull of the gun with those stocks on them. I have shorter arms so it's important info I need.

Thanks so much,

Greg
winman1550

Re: Length of pull

Postby dantheman » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:50 am

I believe the A-1 LOP is 12.875" and the A-2 is 13.5".

Cavalry MFG currently manufactures new injection molded A-1 buttstocks that they refer to as the C1. They are available in a variety of colors from typical military/ hunting to wild like pink, purple, etc.

http://www.cavmfg.com/C1-Buttstock-C1.htm

Dan
dantheman

Re: Length of pull

Postby Hoot » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:53 am

I'm not into stocks that look like prosthetic limbs, so the A1/A2 route is all I own. My lowers started out with their default A2 stocks but the addition of a recoil pad, which is the single most effective addition to improve recoil with larger calibers, made the LOP too long for me. I replaced all of them with A1 stocks from Fulton and that length reduction was just the recipe for a good fit. With an A1 stock change-out, don't forget to order the correct length butt plate screw or your buffer will run into it when cycling. Since my A1 stocks were just change-outs, there was no need to order complete A1 stock kits, just the shell for $25. I bought the shorter screw at the local hardware store with pocket change.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to AR15 Style Rifles