Franklin arms

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Franklin arms

Postby kenn1320 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:53 pm

I was at the local gun shop and got to hold the mega arms upper/lower that Ill likely purchase for my build. He showed me a Franklin Arms 450 ar and it was a nice gun. He said it has a longer than rifle length gas tube, guess its unique to Franklin arms. He said you get more velocity and less recoil since the bullet has more time to accelerate before dumping the gas. It was still a 20" barrel. I didnt care much for the stock on it, but the forearm and ergo grip were nice. Any thoughts on this longer gas tube? If I go the custom barrel route, seems I could dictate where I want the gas port. However Im not really looking for a 400yd gun, so Ill probably stick to a 16" as I mainly hunt woods. Thought it might be an interesting topic though.
kenn1320

Re: Franklin arms

Postby Bmt85 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:18 pm

AFAIK, Franklin is still using a rifle gas length on there 20" barrels. Not a longer one. The consensus around here is that the rifle length isn't needed on the 20" barrel, especially when shooting the lighter weight bullets. With that said, I would like to play with one. Waited almost a year for Franklin to offer the barrels again. When they did, the email said they only had 3! They were gone by the time I checked the site. Looks like I'm doing something else then.
Bmt85

Return to AR15 Style Rifles