Mappul PRS Precision Stock

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Mappul PRS Precision Stock

Postby Thom28 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:24 pm

Hope someone on here can help me out. I am considering putting the Mapul PRS Precision Stock on my Bushmaster 450 with the 20" barrel.
According to Midway the stock requires a rifle length butter tube, buffer tube extension and spring. My question is: Does my rifle already have the rifle buffer or do I need to replace that?
Thanks for the help and may I wish each and every one of you a Very Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Years.

Thom
U.S. Army Veteran
NRA Life Member

"From My Cold Dead Hands."-Charlton Heston 2000
Thom28

Re: Mappul PRS Precision Stock

Postby Mdt1992 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:36 pm

If you have the standard a2 stock your good to go. If you have a collapsible stock then you have a carbine tube. My brother built his with that stock. Been a year and has yet to have a single round through it
Mdt1992

Re: Mappul PRS Precision Stock

Postby Hoot » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:55 pm

The PRS is the only adjustable stock I ever shouldered that made me consider one over the conventional A1/A2 stocks on the AR platform. Its not cheap, but you get what you pay for. the one thing that kept me from getting one was the uncertainty of whether a SIMS recoil pad could be adapted to fit it without looking like a bubba job. A forum member who is local to me, had one mounted on a .30/.25 Dtech WSSM AR 15 upper mated to an Olympic Arms UMAR lower and it was very sexy.
That's the lower that accepts a proprietary, milled single stack magazine that caters to AR calibers with a slightly longer OAL. The setup was not cheap but boy did it cycle sweet. Back when he showed it to me, the mags were something like $80 each. Not for the spray and pray crowd. PS: They're up to $100 now.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to AR15 Style Rifles