450 Side charge bolt carrier group question

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

450 Side charge bolt carrier group question

Postby Gkman19 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi all new to the forum and to the 450. I have been doing a lot of research and have decided to try and build my first 450 upper. I am a Michigan resident and will be using this upper as my new whitetail "thumper". One upper receiver that caught my eye is the cmt side charging upper. In which they mention using the youngs national match bolt carrier with side charging handle. My hang up is that youngs currently is not making the bolts for the 450 and I have no experience building a bolt carrier group. Maybe it's no big deal?

Can I run into problems with using a different bolt manufacturer to complete the assembly, such as the tromix barrel and bolt combination. I realize the side charging handle is going to limit my options, I just think it looks awesome and could add a little uniqueness to my build.

Or is there any recommendations for a company that will sell a complete 450 bcg with a side charging handle.

My experience with the AR platform is limited to the 5.56/223 platform in which I have the setup and tools to do the basic tasks. Again no expeirence with different bcg configurations. Any input would be appreciated
Gkman19

Re: 450 Side charge bolt carrier group question

Postby plant_one » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:54 pm

the 450 bushmaster bolt will work with any ar-15 compatable bolt carrier group.

so if you want to run the Young side charger bolt carrier, thats totally doable.

your other thread about the upper was already covered - so build away :)
plant_one

Postby Al in Mi » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:38 am

yep to what Plant said, Tromix, Gryphon, and others selling barrel and bolts, their bolts will fit right in that carrier.

I have a Mega side charge upper here I need to make a blaster out of one of these days.
Al in Mi

Postby Gkman19 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:28 am

Ok thanks for the info. Now the hard part, finding the parts I want in stock
Gkman19

Return to AR15 Style Rifles