Bolt carrier group

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Bolt carrier group

Postby winman1550 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:13 pm

What can you guys suggest for a reasonable 450 complete bolt carrier group for a build?

Thank you as always,

Greg
winman1550

Re: Bolt carrier group

Postby Bmt85 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:53 am

I know Failzero sells a complete BCG. Haven't heard anything about it, but I run a couple of there BCG's in 5.56 and love them. I'm actually going to be building another 450bm upper in the near future and will be running their carrier, but not their bolt.

I did a quick search on google and it looks like Trident sells a complete BCG, too. Again don't know anything about it.

After that, it's picking up a 450bm bolt from a company, and throwing it in a standard carrier.
Bmt85

Postby Hoot » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:45 am

The Fail Zero EXO Nickel Boron BCG is the way to go! I have one in my Bartz upper. Very good attention to fit and finish. Buy smart, buy once.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Avenger10 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:39 am

Hoot-

My good friend, I believe you have a "Bartz" EXO Nickle Boron BCG in your Bartz upper :D and you are right... it is the only way to go. UCT coating does the NiB coating for both Fail Zero and Bartz and given that we do not sell our components I would recommend the Fail Zero BCG too. Theirs will be called 458 SOCOM but we all know the 450b and the 458s use the same BCG. I would not own an AR that did not have a NiB BCG.

Pretty mild winter here on the east side of the big lake, how is it over on the west side?

-Barttman
BRENTON USA | LONG-LOAD
www.brentonusa.com
Avenger10

Postby Hoot » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:21 am

Avenger10 wrote:...snip...

Pretty mild winter here on the east side of the big lake, how is it over on the west side?

-Barttman

Its January in Minnesota. As the temperature flirts with absolute zero, all molecular motion slows down, including the carbon based life forms. Yesterday it was -14 when I had go out and to drive to work. This morning we are very fortunate in that its only down to +5. We've been lucky in that we've only had a handful of -2n nights. In between the cold blasts we are rewarded with what we call nuisance snow. 1-2", under conditions where its too cold for salt to work. Makes driving anywhere a real PITA and as you know, the stuff never melts. Just keeps layering up and up. My 25x25 man cave in the basement has no connection to the home HVAC and is directly under the unheated garage. It runs in the 40s in there this time of the year. Try doing any touch labor with cold hands and feet. I keep vowing that I'm going to quarry a cutout into the house so I can run a duct, but never seem to get to it. I have a portable 1.5kW electric heater, but running it 24/7 raises the cave up only a few degrees. Jabba needs more chickens! :| The NWS is predicting that we will be treated to a brief foray up to freezing later next week, but that equates to another snow or ice storm. All that bemoaning said, the payback for Dec-Feb in the land of the wind chill factor is June-Aug in the land of pleasant living. Folks reading this in Maryland, don't holler, I know that's your slogan not ours. The difference is I grew up in the Big B. Its not pleasant at all. ;)

Bartt, would you be offended if during this off season, I sent this barrel out to have the muzzle threaded for a Ross brake? My hobby lathe's spider 0nly goes up to 3/4 inch.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to AR15 Style Rifles