New factory load in 450b!

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: New factory load in 450b!

Postby Al in Mi » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:02 am

I'd be dropping the bug in X Caliber ear and let them gauge interest. I'd also imagine there is a considerable amount of time and $$$ in testing new ammo before it hits the market.

was on X Calibers site and seen these http://xcaliberammo.com/components/ about the cheapest I have ever seen them.
Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:47 am

Al in Mi wrote:I'd be dropping the bug in X Caliber ear and let them gauge interest. I'd also imagine there is a considerable amount of time and $$$ in testing new ammo before it hits the market.

was on X Calibers site and seen these http://xcaliberammo.com/components/ about the cheapest I have ever seen them.

When I first got into this caliber, 7+ years ago, you would occasionally see new brass for $36.99 a box plus shipping. You can thank Starline for breaking the monopoly.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:59 am

Underwood Ammo has a 450b loading out for testing, and eventually for sale...hopefully soon for those who like to use factory. Should be a good bullet and load, if their other products are anything to go by...their 200gr .44 Mag load is a screamer out of my Marlin 1894. I've contacted XCaliber about the 450b also...they've had two different loads out for it recently, but it sells out quickly and then takes a while to get back in stock.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:38 pm

UPDATE: Just got an email from Xcaliber Ammo today...they're going to do a run of 450b with the 250gr FTX this coming week...they said the 250gr did better in field tests for them than the 225gr. Bottom line, they'll have 450b back in stock sometime next week. I'll be interested to see what velocity they load their version.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles