Shameless Plug for Ross Schuler

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Shameless Plug for Ross Schuler

Postby Hoot » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:58 am

I'm a big believer in word of mouth promotion. Ross has been making muzzle brakes for us and many other customers for 6+ years. He has advanced his capabilities over that time to where the mundane has become a labor of love. To that end, I wanted to share a recent experience with you.

Some members regale in their tolerance for recoil and that's fine. I often spend hours on a bench setup, pounding away at different load experiments. I've tried a Lead Sled, but it makes the experience too removed from actually shooting. Admittedly, it removes the influence your personal flaws have upon a test result where the load is supposed to be the test subject, not you. So, whenever I can reasonably reduce perceived recoil, I'm all on board with that. I had corrective surgery on my shooting shoulder back in 98 and I like it staying the way it is.

As I'm quick to say, I love my Bartz Upper, but it came without a threaded muzzle. I wanted to have my barrel threaded for one of Ross' brakes, so I approached him about not only making me a brake, but also threading the barrel for me. He agreed and I shipped him my (used) barrel to get it done on Monday the 13th. It arrived on Wednesday the 15th and he had it done and back in the mail on the 16th. It arrived back home on Saturday the 17th. Less than a week total turn-around time! Not sure if the cost is uniform for all jobs like mine, but the machining of the barrel, brake and priority mail back was well under $100.00. I stuffed a Franklin in the chamber, nonetheless. The old adage that you get what you pay for sure rang true!

When I opened the well packed box, my first thought was OMG, he ported my barrel instead of making me a brake! :o Not what I wanted! I took it out into better light and that's when I could barely make out the seam. This is top shelf workmanship and as always, not over-priced! Image Did I mention, the brake is perfectly timed!

You be the judge:

First picture was in the shade, right after I opened it, with my phone. Second was in sunlight and better camera.

I asked him if this service was a "honey do" one off or if he was interested in doing more jobs like it and he said "I'll take all the work I can get."

I am already boxing up another barrel for the same work.

Hoot

EDIT: Ross' contact information is in the first post in the Market sub-forum. http://www.450bushmaster.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=539
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Shameless Plug for Ross Schuler

Postby Al in Mi » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:03 pm

+1 on Ross, flawless work
Al in Mi

Postby dantheman » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:07 pm

That is purdy, Hoot! Ross does beautiful work but that is a work of art!

Very impressed.

Dan
dantheman

Postby Colohunter » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Very nice machining work!
Colohunter

Postby plant_one » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:36 am

holy smokes. thats something else.

incredible machining.
plant_one

Postby Yotehunter243 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:23 am

He hooked me up with a brake for my 264win mag Blackhole Weaponry barrel that was flawless and had it in hand in 3 days from ordering
Yotehunter243

Postby m113103 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:50 am

What is his price range for threading a AR barrel ? What is shipping ? Turnaround time ? :D
m113103

Postby Hoot » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:54 am

m113103 wrote:What is his price range for threading a AR barrel ? What is shipping ? Turnaround time ? :D

I thought I covered that in my first post. You should email him for the details. His contact information link is in that first post. He's quick to respond to emails. You do need to dismount the barrel and send it in. Before you ask, I don't know is he makes and sells threaded end caps. There's a thread somewhere, that members have found sources for them however.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

I concur

Postby Charlie U » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:15 pm

After shopping around for brakes I ended up taking Hoot's advice and got one of these brakes.

I e-mailed Ross Schuler to inquire about a brake and within hours he had answered my questions and set me up with what I needed. He must have mailed it the same day I paid for it because it arrived promptly within two days of making the purchase.

WOW....For $35 shipped you will not find a finer brake! Beautiful workmanship, and it works as good as it looks....a really effective brake.

Ross Schuler offers beautiful workmanship at a good price and provides good communication. He packaged it up snug and secure for shipping and got it to me quick.
A very satisfying purchase.
Can't beat it with a stick.

I strongly considered getting it blackened to match the rest of my gun.......I didn't think an all black gun would look right with a chunk of stainless on the end of it, but I went ahead and put it on.
Now that I see it there I am very happy with it and will leave it as is.
Charlie U

Postby pauleberly » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:11 pm

I just emailed ross, I am hoping to make my muzzle brake purchase soon as he gets back to me.
pauleberly

Return to AR15 Style Rifles