How do I know if this handguard will fit?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: How do I know if this handguard will fit?

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:12 pm

engineer40 wrote:I have 3 AR's now. 2 of the lowers I built myself. But I have not yet changed a handguard myself. What specs do I need to verify to make sure that this handguard will fit my 450 Bushmaster?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/261262 ... inum-black

My 450 BM is the factory 16 inch version.

Thanks! Any insight is appreciated! :D

I bought this handguard for my last AR build. It was a 5.56 mm, but there was no problem matching the barrel nut to the upper. I did have to buy a low profile gas block. This is a slim line handguard, so the gas block on the stock 450 BM may be too tall to fit under the handguard.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Re: How do I know if this handguard will fit?

Postby engineer40 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Jim in Houston wrote:
engineer40 wrote:I have 3 AR's now. 2 of the lowers I built myself. But I have not yet changed a handguard myself. What specs do I need to verify to make sure that this handguard will fit my 450 Bushmaster?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/261262 ... inum-black

My 450 BM is the factory 16 inch version.

Thanks! Any insight is appreciated! :D

I bought this handguard for my last AR build. It was a 5.56 mm, but there was no problem matching the barrel nut to the upper. I did have to buy a low profile gas block. This is a slim line handguard, so the gas block on the stock 450 BM may be too tall to fit under the handguard.

Well... poop... That's what I was trying to determine before I ordered. Thanks for the response Jim. I guess I'll just have to wait and see now. I'll report back and update this post with what I find.
engineer40

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles