Failure to Eject anyone?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Failure to Eject anyone?

Postby Hoot » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:01 pm

bushmeister wrote:As for the play between the upper and lower, I installed an accu-wedge that tightens it up nicely. You can get it from Bushmaster for about $6.

Ditto, available from a lot of places. May require slight trimming to fit.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Archie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:31 am

Not to advertize, but unless they went up you can get the AccuWedges from MidwayUSA for 2/3 the above quoted price. They also might be faster than Bushmaster - Midway usually ships same or next day, depending on the time of day you order.

Order something else fun while you are there, because you will pay more for the shipping than the AccuWedge. I think they may have a $3 adder for orders under $20. They have EVERYTHING you may need or desire, though, so getting a good-sized order is easy to do. I would order two AccuWedges - they are small enough to lose fairly easily. Luckily I don't need one for any of my guns, but I have two in my doo-dad box, just in case. You never know how an upper may fit (or not) your lower...
Archie

Postby bushmeister » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:28 am

Here you go. A 3 pack for $5, free shipping. http://cgi.ebay.com/UTG-BUFFER-3-PACK-A ... 2eb256f62d
bushmeister

Postby bushmeister » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:29 am

bushmeister wrote:Here you go. A 3 pack for $5, free shipping. http://cgi.ebay.com/UTG-BUFFER-3-PACK-A ... 2eb256f62d

Now you will have extras for your next AR's :D
bushmeister

Postby Listkeeper » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:32 am

Thx again Bushmeister.
Listkeeper

Postby Jim in Houston » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:18 pm

I use an accu-wedge on my 5.56 Bushmaster, but it interferes with closing the upper and lower with the 450 upper mounted. With it out, the upper closes and the pins slide in with no movement between the upper and the lower. Whether or not an accu-wedge helps depends on how well your upper and lower fit together in the first place.

That being said, I don't see how this bears on the failure to eject problem, since the bolt carrier, receiver and barrel are all in the upper.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby wildcatter » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:46 am

LISTKEEPER,

You're getting some very good advice. However, I didn't understand the outcome of cleaning and properly lubing the weapon..Has this been done? Have you then re-fired and what was the outcome?? You can get really good videos over on the youtube, about the need and how-to's..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Listkeeper » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:48 pm

WildCat,
I have not been back to the range yet since the cleaning. It has snowed at least twice since and it's an hour drive to the range (with no weather). I am in NYC during the week so can really only go on the weekends. Be thankful you live in a 'more-free' state. I'll get out soon though. Thanks

PS - Jim in Houston, the shim question was a seperate issue from the FTE. thx.
Listkeeper

Postby Listkeeper » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Well, a dirty bolt/ejector was the problem. I had never taken the carrier apart when I cleaned the rifle. I put about 20 rounds through the rifle yesterday before it started acting up again, when a former Marine shooting next to me walked over and completely dismantled it, sprayed some gun cleaner/lube in it and put it back together. It shot fine again, and once home i broke it down again and scrubbed some carbon off the bolt, which was not moving freely. I can't believe how dirty it was after only ~100 rounds through it lifetime. Thanks to everyone who suggested the good cleaning (and thanks to my new Marine friend who showed me first hand).
Listkeeper

Postby BillytheKid » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:41 pm

May God Bless our Marines!
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles