Possible 450 Bushmaster follower.

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Possible 450 Bushmaster follower.

Postby mcb » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:01 pm

I am still waiting on my upper kit to show up but I have been busy getting everything else ready. The lower is assembled and ready. I have some test loads ready to chrono. Now my mind turned to magazines. I have a heap of GI mags so I though if I could get a good follower I should be all set. Other than the single shot followers that many appear to use I could not find on 450 Bushmaster specific follower. I expanded my search to include 458 SOCOM and 50 Beowulf and came across a promising 458 SOCOM follower at http://www.calegalmags.com/458-SOCOM-Ma ... _1397.html. I ordered three of them and they arrived today.

Now if my upper will show up I can test them and let you guys know if they are worth buying. :D
mcb

Re: Possible 450 Bushmaster follower.

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:11 am

nice looking followers, thanks for the link.

one thing I was doing with my modded mags years ago, was filing a quarter moon shaped notch into the front to match the factory mag. Truthfully don't know if it was needed, just did it.
Al in Mi

Re: Possible 450 Bushmaster follower.

Postby mcb » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:16 am

My kit is supposed to come with a 450BM magazine and I figured when it shows up I would probably use it as a template to put a similar relief on the front of these mags also.
mcb

Return to AR15 Style Rifles